I posted this originally in an existing thread that I felt had all the history of the upgrade problems, and that the topic was not resolved and perhaps it should be re-opened.... but I guess I was wrong, and was told to start a new thread.
Sounds like the 3.1.1 upgrade worked for several people... but for some weird reason, not for me.
So here it is again:
I wish I had found this forum last week...
After updating plugins last week, 2 of my WP sites went completely blank. At that time I did not know it was the update that did it.
I completely re-installed WP and recreated both sites from the most recent backups (then had to add the latest stuff again manually).
That was real PITA
Then, when I hit the updates to the rebuilt sites... it did it again. Blank screen, both sites. If there was a bridge near here... I might have jumped at this point!
Good thing my brain kicked in and I remember what the last two plugins that updated on the original site.
I FTPed 3.0.0.old version of TubePress to replace the update, and it worked again. All my setting were still good.
I was real glad now that there was no bridge.
I made a BIG NOTE to not update TubePress. (for my VA to not update also!)
Today - I finally got around to finding this support forum, and in reading this thread I discover that I was not alone. I just wish I had found it last week.
I was excited to read that Eric has tackled the problem so quickly, and that 3.1.1 was released and that others said their sites are working now.
Luckily, I still wanted to play it safe, so I did the update to 3.1.1 on the backup site I had created when the main site went down.
Blank Page again. Nothing.
Main site: http://www.oldweirdherald.com (wordpress installed in /news/ directory - but set to display at domain root)
Backup site: http://www.oldweirdherald.com/news1/
I FTPed my backup copy of 3.0.0 back into the backup site, and it works again.
I am running WP 3.6 and hosted on a VPS on GoDaddy running Red Hat Fedora Core 7 with PHP 5.2.6-2.fc7.
Using latest version of Firefox browser... in case that matters.
The TubePress plugin is great - and the support I have seen here is great - so I am hoping that this sort of feedback can help in getting these minor bugs found and fixed!