These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Error After 3.1.0 Upgrade

Best Answer eric, 30 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

TubePress 3.1.1 has been released.

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#21 sdyrgas

sdyrgas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Thanks everyone. Videos do play in IE but don't seem to play in Chrome. Strange. Anyone else have same issue?

#22 lbecker99

lbecker99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Tried it in IE, FF and GC - all work fine here.

#23 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Thanks everyone. Videos do play in IE but don't seem to play in Chrome. Strange. Anyone else have same issue?

Just tried your site in Chrome and it's working for me as well. Make sure you're not looking at a cached version of your site? Try Shift+F5 for a full reload.

#24 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

Thank you everyone for your quick assistance in solving this bug! And I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Going to release TubePress 3.1.1 right now. It will take about 20 - 30 minutes before you see it on wordpress.org.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks..

#25 lbecker99

lbecker99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for your help, really appreciate that you jumped right on this issue.  Have a good night.

#26 sdyrgas

sdyrgas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for your help everyone. I cleared all browser data and videos play fine again in Chrome.

#27 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:38 AM   Best Answer

TubePress 3.1.1 has been released.

#28 REA

REA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

Works great  A++++

#29 Nizguy

Nizguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

After uploading your new file and activating the plugin, I got this error message:

The plugin generated 362 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

My video galleries now appear however the videos do not play. I will try reinstalling.

I got the same error, but then the "New Release" message showed up so I updated the plugin and now all seems fine......Thanks for the quick work!

#30 Nizguy

Nizguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

Does the TubePress settings page work at WP Admin > Settings > TubePress? Feel free to share a link to your site (PM me if you don't want to share it with the world) and I can take a look.

Just want to be sure that the fix works for everyone before I send out the update. Thanks everyone for your patience!

Is there a way to get a copy of my settings file to re-insert should we have to remove and re-install the plugin at some point in the future? 

Thanks

Mark

#31 Alex Barker

Alex Barker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

All working fine now on PHv5.2.17 :)

Thanks

Alex

#32 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Is there a way to get a copy of my settings file to re-insert should we have to remove and re-install the plugin at some point in the future? 

Thanks

Mark

TubePress stores its settings in your WordPress database in the wp_options table. So as long as you keep backups of your database then you will have backups of your TubePress settings.

#33 Nizguy

Nizguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

TubePress stores its settings in your WordPress database in the wp_options table. So as long as you keep backups of your database then you will have backups of your TubePress settings.

Thanks! This is good to know. I feel better to uninstall/re-install now, should i need to in the future.

#34 whitehorse67

whitehorse67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Working perfectly for me noe Eric...Thanks!

#35 whitehorse67

whitehorse67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

Eric...

I have a question. I used to have my website through WIX...and I used TubePress there. What I like about it was that I could have different galleries on different pages. I can't seem to do that on my word press site. I use the short code [tubepress].....Now I am super GREEN when it comes to coding.....when someone starts to try and explain code to me, I tend to fall into the fetal position!....But the reason I went to word press is that I want to learn! is there a different way you enter the code if you want differenet galleries on different pages?

Now, the difference is that I had the paid version of Tube Press on WIX, and I have not gotten the paid version on my word press site yet. Is that the difference? I do plan on getting the pro version....ijust wanted to make sure it would work good on my work press site.

#36 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

whitehorse,

It is possible to have different galleries on different (or even the same) posts.

The issue that you're running into is that when you place the [tubepress] shortcode, it is only using the settings as set in WP Settings > TubePress and so each shortcode will have the same results.

If you look here:  http://tubepress.com...nfig:AllOptions

you will see all of the different shortcode options for tubepress.

Let us know if we can be of any more help.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#37 whitehorse67

whitehorse67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Thanks Brandon!.....My apologies for postng that question her.....for som reason I thought I started a new topic......

#38 Carlos Eduardo B Silva

Carlos Eduardo B Silva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Atualizei o plugin para 3.1.1 e deu esse erro:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/storage/f/08/9a/yasminmeneses/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/src/main/php/add-ons/core/classes/tubepress/addons/core/impl/options/CoreOptionsProvider.php on line 432

vc pode ajudar urgente!!!!!!!!!

#39 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Boa tarde Carlos,

Eu nao escrevo Portugues bem, mas eu tentarei ajudar voce.

Por favor, mande um link para seu site e eu olho o problema e tento resolver para voce.

obrigado!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#40 virtualend

virtualend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPanabo City, Davao del Norte, Philippines

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

I wish I had found this forum last week...

After updating plugins last week, 2 of my WP sites went completely blank. At that time I did not know it was the update that did it.

I completely re-installed WP and recreated both sites from the most recent backups (then had to add the latest stuff again manually).

That was real PITA :(

Then, when I hit the updates to the rebuilt sites... it did it again. Blank screen, both sites. If there was a bridge near here... I might have jumped at this point! :P

Good thing my brain kicked in and I remember what the last two plugins that updated on the original site.

I FTPed 3.0.0.old version of TubePress to replace the update, and it worked again. All my setting were still good. :)

I was real glad now that there was no bridge. :)

I made a BIG NOTE to not update TubPress.

Today - I finally got around to finding this support forum, and in reading this thread I discover that I was not alone. I just wish I had found it last week.

I was excited to read that Eric has tackled the problem so quickly, and that 3.1.1 was released and that others said their sites are working now.

Luckily, I still wanted to play it safe, so I did the update to 3.1.1 on the backup site I had created when the main site went down.

Blank Page again. Nothing. :(

Main site: http://www.oldweirdherald.com   (wordpress installed in /news/ directory - but set to display at domain root)

Backup site: http://www.oldweirdherald.com/news1/

I FTPed my backup copy of 3.0.0 back into the backup site, and it works again.

I am running WP 3.6 and hosted on a VPS on GoDaddy running Red Hat Fedora Core 7 with PHP 5.2.6-2.fc7.

Using latest version of Firefox browser... in case that matters.

I saw that several other threads were started, but this thread had moch more info and progress updates - so I posted here.

Should this thread be opened back up?