These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress Causes 500 Error Using Smallbiz Theme

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 David J Maloney Jr

David J Maloney Jr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

My WordPress site uses the TubePress plugin to display thumbnails of training videos. And it works great.

I am using the SmallBiz theme.

The site comes up OK and the videos all look and work great, but when TubePress is activated, a 500 error is generated when I test the site at GTMetrix.com. Also, Google Webmaster Tools cannot FETCH and when TubePress is activated.

When I deactivate TubePress, these two problems go away. But, of course, so do all my videos!

Any thoughts on this? Might there be a work-around or fix to this?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

David,

Please post a link to your site so we can attempt to help you, although one troubleshooting step you can take is to revert back to a default theme and test tubepress.

If tubepress works properly, as it should, then the issue is with your theme and you will need to contact the maker of your theme.

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 David J Maloney Jr

David J Maloney Jr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

Brandon, you are a genius! I reverted back to the WordPress default them with TubePress activated and then checked again with GTmetrix.com. I no longer got the 500 error. The site worked just fine. So, it must be an issue with the SmallBiz theme. I will check with them now. Thanks a lot! - Dave P.S. The site is www.davidmaloney.com

#4 David J Maloney Jr

David J Maloney Jr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Ugh. I contacted the folks at expand2web, developers of my SmallBiz Wordpress Theme. They said:

###

Dave,

I tried other tools like Pingdom and received errors too. The site seems to be running great and not sure why the errors are happening. Our theme works with a lot of WP plugins and if in this particular case it can be isolated to only the TubePress, I would go back to them to find out why.

I use the GTMetrix.com, Pingdom tools and WebPagetest.org on our SmallBiz themes and all work well.

--
R. Anthony

###

Any other thoughts as to why I get a 500 error when I activate TubePress in the SmallBiz Theme? They seem to think it is a issue with the plugin.

??

#5 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Dave,

After looking at your site with Firebug, you actually receive a 500 - Internal Server Error on a number of your pages.  At this point, I would suggest speaking with your Hosting Provider and asking them why the server is returning an error.  You can alternatively look on your cPanel (Linux hosts) and look through the error logs there to find the cause.

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!