These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

"No videos to populate this TubePress gallery"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis Lorenz

Dennis Lorenz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:12 AM

Hello,

I am a tubepress pro user (so please make my user name green :)).

After inserting the proper code for a vimeo album I get the following error message:

"No videos to populate this TubePress gallery"

I have installed the latest tubepree pro version, I have inserted both the vimeo key and secret and hit save. I have followed everything i can think of. I can send scrrenshots if that would help. The website that I'm having this problem with is lorenzfamily.com, page "2006"

http://lorenzfamily.com/?page_id=65

Your help is very appreciated!

Thanks!

Dennis

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

Weird, I'm getting the same error when I test it locally. I'll investigate now. Stand by...

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Looks like the group ID you're supplying is incorrect: . When I visit that link I get a "Page Not Found" error, meaning either the group ID is wrong or the group is perhaps private?

#4 Dennis Lorenz

Dennis Lorenz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

Hi,

It is not a group but an album. The correct link is:

This is what I entered In word press:

[tubepress mode="vimeoAlbum" vimeoAlbumValue="1528643" playerLocation="shadowbox"]

Thanks for your help!

Dennis

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

Ah, my bad. In that case it appears that the album is empty: . Are you seeing an empty album when you visit that page?

#6 Dennis Lorenz

Dennis Lorenz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

Alright, I figured out the cause of the problem. As a Vimeo plus user it is possible to hide your videos from everyone (incl. the search function on the vimeo site), so only people with a link can view the video. Also, it is restricted from being downloaded or embedded, unless the site is marked as an approved site. I had all of my videos protected like that (and would like to keep it that way in the future). For test purposes I changed the settings to the regular (open) settings and the gallery was displayed fine. Here's the link:

http://lorenzfamily.com/?page_id=65

For the sake of testing it out I changed the properties on just one of my videos from another galleries back to the protected settings. It is the "January" video from this page:

http://lorenzfamily.com/?page_id=75

The video disappeared from the gallery. However, then I went ahead and added the Vimeo video url in the "HTML" section in wordpress and - voila - it is displayed just fine. You can see it at the end of the above mentioned page (2006) as you scroll down. So it seems to me as if the problem is not on Vimeo's end (as the video is displayed when I just enter the url) but that things get messed up as soon as I try to involve tubepress. I also tried it with just a single video instead of a gallery - same results.

Could you look into this and tell me how to proceed to be able to hide my videos again?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for reporting your investigation results. I've definitely learned more about Vimeo's privacy settings from this.

I think the behavior that you're seeing makes sense. When you have the link to a protected vimeo video, you can view it on vimeo.com or embed it anywhere you like. But if you try to search for the video, you won't be able to find it. TubePress is kind of at the mercy of Vimeo's API, and it appears that Vimeo's API will not pull back restricted videos without authentication. There's a ticket in for allowing TubePress to use authentication. Please star the issue to vote for the feature and follow updates. Once this feature is complete, you'll be able to pull in these restricted videos to your TubePress galleries.

So the question is, what do you do in the meantime? Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time seeing a solution without opening up your videos to "public" status.