These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Deleteing individual videos in gallery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John Fenley

John Fenley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum and new to tubepress. I have gone through the documentation and have not found the information I am seeking.

Please excuse me if this is a very simple question but I need to delete some of the videos in some of my galleries. This is a web site that I did not build and I have been unable to figure out how to delete individual videos. Our site is: www.weightlossminimart.com

Any assistance would be welcome!

Thanks, John Fenley

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hi John,

Have you tried the videos blacklist feature? http://tubepress.com...nced_shortcodes

#3 John Fenley

John Fenley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hi Eric, thanks for the reply, although, your answer did not help me with my problem. If I understand what your instructions describe, I would have to identify or go to each video individually and "blacklist" them one at a time. This would be unacceptable as it would take a great amount of time due to the amount of videos contained in the galleries on my site.

I have been to the web site http://tubepress.com/documentation and have read through all of the documentation and instructions there and I cannot find any clear instructions that allow me to DELETE a single video on a page that contains ONLY the following "code": [tubepress mode="tag" tagValue="weight loss exercise"].

My "gallery pages" (4 total) contain many videos (I don't even know how many - you can see an example here: http://www.weightlos...gh...ise-videos).

I know NOTHING about html/css or anything else related to "coding" and I have been unable to find instructions (that I can understand) on how to "edit" my video gallerys by DELETING a single video.

Please tell me how to accomplish this task or direct me to documentation that will instruct me on how to delete a single video from a gallery.

Thank you for your assistance.

John Fenley

#4 Tone

Tone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

John,

In TubePress the concept of a "gallery" when using mode="tag" is perhaps different than what you're thinking. There is no fixed list of videos that TubePress displays, but instead TubePress asks YouTube (and Vimeo) to search and assemble a list of videos matching the tags you asked for. This happens in real-time, i.e. at the moment some user visits a page on your website (OK, TubePress supports an optional cache so that it doesn't ask YouTube to search more than a few times a day.) At any given moment, there's no way to fully predict what videos YouTube or Vimeo will respond with when asked to do a tag search, although the significant changes tend to drift in over a period of weeks or months. Thus, in tagmode, there really is no such thing as "my gallery"; think of it as "my search."

So... what can you do to eliminate videos? As Eric suggests, blacklisting individual videos is the most direct route. If you don't want to change the shortcodes, you can blacklist using the Tubepress Advanced settings panel in WordPress. I understand this can be time consuming; perhaps you could contract it out via Amazon's Mechanical Turk; most likely can get someone to find bogus videos for a few cents each.

Another approach would be to do more precise searches. Instead of searching for tagValue="weight loss exercise", try a combination of more specific searches. You can test these complex searches out on the YouTube advanced search site before bringing them over to TubePress's tag search. Given the nature of your site, a working knowledge search tactics is essential to its success anyway.

Hope this all makes some sense. I'll now return to my regularly scheduled diet...

#5 John Fenley

John Fenley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

Thanks Anthony, now I have a better understanding of how it works and can decide how best to accomplish my tasks.

John