These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

How Do I Show Meta Descriptions Over 160 Characters?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 atchoo78

atchoo78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hello. 

How do I show a Youtube video description of more than 160 (157) characters? The description gets truncated after 160 with (...), but I need to show the whole thing. I did a Google search and came up with this:

$media->group->{'media$description'}

...but I don´t know where to insert that particular piece of code, and I don´t know if it even works at all. My problem is NOT CSS-related, just to have that one clear.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Andreas

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Andreas,

I will have to check with our developers regarding this.  I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks for your patience!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Andreas,

The API limitation is 500 characters, so this should be working for you.

Please check your settings at WP Admin > Settings > Tubepress > Meta > "Maximum description length" and make sure that it is set to "0"

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#4 atchoo78

atchoo78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

The Maximum description lenght is set to 0, but I still have the problem - I have tried switching WP themes, same story there. Have you tested this with long descriptions? I pull videos from a Youtube channel/user, if that´s relevant.

#5 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

atchoo,

Unfortunately YouTube made an API change that is limiting the number of characters in a description.

You can go here: https://code.google....s/detail?id=353 and 'star' that option in order to track updates.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!