These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Autoplay Not Working On Android Phone Or Tablet

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dsamorano

dsamorano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I run the pro and access the psge with my samsung 3, galaxy tablet , with a ipad, and the autoplay does not work. If i play the first video, the next videos do not play either automatically. Is this a know issue and are you guys working on a enhancement to this?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

dsamorano,

Please post a link to your page so I can test this issue and see if I can re-create it on my Android devices.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 dsamorano

dsamorano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

http://locochon.net/videos/

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

dsamorano,

Please try putting the following shortcode into your page, replacing your current shortcode:

[tubepress mode="tag" tagValue='musica mexicana' playerImplementation="provider_based" autoplay="true"] 

I did check on my Droid tablets and phones and autoplay wasn't working, but with this shortcode, it *should* work.

Please let us know!

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 dsamorano

dsamorano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

ok i updated the link, but still not auto playing

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

dsamorano,

After some more research it appears that Android devices are unable to "autoplay" YouTube videos.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

#7 dsamorano

dsamorano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Can you put that up through a suggestion since more people are spending more time using their phones and tablets.....thanks

#8 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

I have mentioned it to our developers and they are looking into it

You can also place a feature request here: https://code.google....ess/issues/list

and then star the item, as the items with the most stars get worked on first.

Thanks

#9 tamer006

tamer006

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Yes it happened to me as well :-|

I spent hours trying to figure out why auto-play is not working on Android

(while working fine on my desktop using various browsers!!).

I thought it's an issue with my device!

Anyway, then I found this topic.

Is there is any work around? or that's just something in iOS & Android?

I mean does it depend on the player? or that's hardcoded limitation in OS?

Thanks

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Tamer,

This is unfortunately an Android device limitation.  While our developers are looking into a solution, we have not yet established an ETA.

Also, please *Star* this feature request: https://code.google....mmary Component

as features with the most *stars* will be given highest priority,

Thanks!