These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Search Shortcode Not Working For Search

Best Answer dsamorano, 14 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

its working now with the <div id="resultsDiv">Search results will go here</div> but when i enable the theme im using i get this at the end of the search button showing...but search still works.... any way to supress it from showing on your end while i try to find a fix for the theme?

name=”tubepress_search_9999″ class=”tubepress_text_input” />

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dsamorano

dsamorano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

I figure i post here i only upgraded to have this feature and not getting any response other than the code is wrong. The code i used is from your site pasted. I was told there was a space some where in the code. Obviously cutting and pasting to my knowledge does not cause spaces to be added in between the code. I wish the tech staff would pay attention to detail and fix the issue. If there is a space its being added its being added by the php code.  Attached is the screen shot of wordpress in visual mode. This is for the ajax search not the standard search.

http://countrymusic....ebellum-videos/

Attached Files

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing difficulty getting the Ajax search input to display properly. I see that something on your website is inserting extra HTML <br> tags into TubePress's output. This in turn is breaking both the display and functionality of the search input.

I can also guarantee that this is not a bug with TubePress, as this exact code is used in thousands of production sites. It's almost certainly caused by interference from either your WordPress theme or another WordPress plugin. It's very easy for WordPress plugins, for instance, to modify a page's HTML.

So what's the solution? Here's what I recommend:

1. Temporarily switch to one of the stock WordPress themes (i.e. twentytwelve). Does the problem go away?

2. If not, disable your other WordPress plugins, one-by-one, until the problem goes away.

This is a tedious process, I know, but it's actually quite effective in pinpointing the problem. Please give that a try and report back here with your results. We'll get it figured out!

Thanks.

#3 dsamorano

dsamorano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

I have disabled all plugins on different site and went to the default wordpress theme

Twenty Twelve

Screen is not longer showing code but search is still not working. site is http://locochon.net/...anda-el-recodo/

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

That's progress!

Search is not working because you'll need to set up an empty HTML <div> to accept the search results. Currently you have

searchResultsDomId="#resultsDiv"

in your shortcode, which tells TubePress to look for a <div> with the id of "resultsDiv". So somewhere on that page, use WordPress's HTML editor and insert the following:

<div id="resultsDiv">Search results will go here</div>

Ajax search should then work. Please give that a try and then we can investigate the original issue further. Sound good?

#5 dsamorano

dsamorano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:12 PM   Best Answer

its working now with the <div id="resultsDiv">Search results will go here</div> but when i enable the theme im using i get this at the end of the search button showing...but search still works.... any way to supress it from showing on your end while i try to find a fix for the theme?

name=”tubepress_search_9999″ class=”tubepress_text_input” />

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

From our end, no, unfortunately not. Something is coming in after TubePress does its work and inserting the <br> tags. Since TubePress has already completed, it's unable to make any more modifications.

Let us know how else we can help you. Thanks!