These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Embedding To Html

Best Answer brandon, 08 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hi Christian,

Firstly, you will have to create your own theme by following the directions here: http://tubepress.com...ustomize:Themes

After you have created that theme (unless you are using a default theme) you would then use the following code:

<?php print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode(' theme="custom_theme_name" mode="tag" tagValue="pittsburgh steelers" resultsPerPage="10"'); ?>

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Christian Arreola

Christian Arreola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

1. I was told that I could create a gallery and embed it into my html website that does not have php.  I don't see anyway of doing this.

I can use either Wordpress or Standalone.  I actually have both installed and don't see any way to embed a gallery that I created.

2. With the standalone, I don't see a way to use the themes.  I looked in the documentation and I only see shortcodes for Wordpress themes.  It would be way easier if the documentation was separate for standalone vs wordpress because it is hard to tell on some of the pages what is for what.

#2 Christian Arreola

Christian Arreola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

1. I was told that I could create a gallery and embed it into my html website that does not have php.  I don't see anyway of doing this.

I can use either Wordpress or Standalone.  I actually have both installed and don't see any way to embed a gallery that I created.

2. With the standalone, I don't see a way to use the themes.  I looked in the documentation and I only see shortcodes for Wordpress themes.  It would be way easier if the documentation was separate for standalone vs wordpress because it is hard to tell on some of the pages what is for what.

#3 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

Hi Christian,

Question 1) You are able to create a gallery and embed it into your HTML site without using PHP.  However, you must still create the gallery using PHP and then you can embed it into your HTML site using an iFrame

Question 2) For using and creating themes, please take a look here: http://tubepress.com...ze:Themes#Usage

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#4 Christian Arreola

Christian Arreola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Thanks, I iframed it and didn't know if that was the only way.

I have looked at that page you linked here on themes but what I see it only has the shortcodes for wordpress.  I don't see a way to use it for standalone.

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Thanks, I iframed it and didn't know if that was the only way.

I have looked at that page you linked here on themes but what I see it only has the shortcodes for wordpress.  I don't see a way to use it for standalone.

TubePress shortcodes are universal across both the WordPress plugin and standalone PHP. In standalone PHP, you can simply supply any shortcode to the getHtmlForShortcode() function as described in the documentation.

Does that make sense?

#6 Christian Arreola

Christian Arreola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

It doesn't make sense. I tried to use the short codes and it doesn't do anything so I'm not sure how to use it.

This is the test page:

http://mmacentury.com/test.php

<?php 

$tubepress_base_url = "http://mmacentury.com/tubepress_pro_3_0_1";

include "/home6/mmacentu/public_html/tubepress_pro_3_0_1/src/main/php/classes/TubePressPro.php";
?>

<html>
    <head>
        <title>MMA Centruy Steelers</title>

<?php print TubePressPro::getHtmlForHead(true); ?>

<link href="www.mmaonlineclub.com/sd/support-files/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

</head>
    <body>

[tubepress theme="vimeo"]

<?php print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode('mode="tag" tagValue="pittsburgh steelers" resultsPerPage="10"'); ?>

</body>
</html>

#7 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hi Christian,

The actual [tubepress] shortcode doesn't work in the PHP deployments.  However, you do have the correct shortcode in your page.

<body>

<?php print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode('mode="tag" tagValue="pittsburgh steelers" resultsPerPage="10"'); ?>

</body>

Within that "php print" statement, where you see mode="tag", etc... Those value's  (mode, tagValue, resultsPerPage, and any other valid tag that can be used within the standard [tubepress] shortcode are your implementation of the {tubepress] shortcode.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need a better explanation of this.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#8 Christian Arreola

Christian Arreola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

I still haven't figured out how to incorporate the Theme feature and that was my question.  I'm still waiting on an answer....

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:23 AM   Best Answer

Hi Christian,

Firstly, you will have to create your own theme by following the directions here: http://tubepress.com...ustomize:Themes

After you have created that theme (unless you are using a default theme) you would then use the following code:

<?php print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode(' theme="custom_theme_name" mode="tag" tagValue="pittsburgh steelers" resultsPerPage="10"'); ?>

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

#10 Christian Arreola

Christian Arreola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Got it thank you.  I didn't see any changes between the themes so I thought it wasn't working.  I see it says there isn't much of a difference between default, youtube, and vimeo.