These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Upraded To Pro/youtube & Vimeo One Page?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scrappy

scrappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

I upgraded to the Tubepress pro version. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you could incorporate YouTube videos and Vimeo videos on one page.  Maybe I misunderstood? On the Tubepress options page it will only allow me to select YouTube videos or Vimeo videos.

scrappy

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hi Scrappy,

Yes, it is possible to incorporate both YouTube and Vimeo video's within the same page, just not from within the WP Admin > Settings > TubePress page.  The only way to currently accomplish what you are trying to do is to use shortcodes.

Please reference this page:  http://tubepress.com...e_Video_Sources for how to accomplish this.

This is something that we are currently working on and will be available in a future release of TubePress and TubePress Pro.

If you require any more help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 maesr@aol.com

maesr@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Please help with shortcode

I have followed the directions below and cannot get the player to show when i try to modify for just two sources one vimeo and one youtube.

vimeo album + youtube playlist

what would be the shortcode for this?

currently in the setttings, i am set up to display the youtube player with the simple shortcode [tubepress]

what changes do i need to make in the settings to have the shortcode for the two sources work?

Thank you!!

Galleries Composed of Multiple Video Sources

With TubePress Pro, you can create a single, unified gallery from as many sources as you'd like. You can even combine videos from multiple video providers - for instance, you can easily have YouTube and Vimeo videos intermingled in the same gallery!

As an example, say that you want to create a single gallery containing videos from all of

• the YouTube playlist with ID F5D324185EE73FEC
  • uploads from YouTube user bbc
  • uploads from YouTube user funnyordie
  • YouTube search for the exact term "spirit of truth"
  • the Vimeo album with ID 140484

you would use the following shortcode:

[tubepress mode="playlist + user + tag + vimeoAlbum" playlistValue="F5D324185EE73FEC"
userValue="bbc + funnyordie" tagValue='"spirit of truth"' vimeoAlbumValue="140484"]

The videos from all 5 sources will be collected and seamlessly assembled into a single TubePress gallery. You can combine any number of gallery sources with any number of parameters to each source simply by using the + character as shown above.

Please keep in mind the following "gotchas"

• The resultsPerPage option will apply to each source, so expect each gallery page to contain up to resultsPerPage x <number of sources> videos per page. In the example above, assuming resultsPerPage was set to 10, there would be 40 videos per page (10 videos per page x 4 sources).
  • It is strongly recommended to enable the TubePress request cache, as TubePress has to perform one network operation for each video source
  • As the user paginates through the gallery, some of the sources will drop off quietly. For instance, if one video source has 1,000 videos and another has 10 videos, the second page of the gallery won't contain any of the latter source's videos. This isn't a problem per se, just something to be aware o

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

maesr,

The shortcode would be as follows:

[tubepress mode="playlist + vimeoAlbum" playlistValue="F5D324185EE73FEC" vimeoAlbumValue="140484"]

All shortcode options can be found here: http://tubepress.com...nfig:AllOptions

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!