These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Youtube Playlist Url Is Different

Best Answer Marcel Groenen, 03 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Ok, solved. Apparently I had to wait a while before the playlist was publicly available in Youtube.

Thanks

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scrappy

scrappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

This is what my YouTube playlist URL looks like.  http://www.youtube.c...eature=view_all

Out of this URL what do I put in the YouTube playlist box for my playlist ID?

Your example in Tubepress options panel in WordPress gives the following example, which looks different.  "Limited to 200 videos per playlist. Will usually look something like this: PLF679CB240DD4C112. Copy the playlist id from the end of the URL in your browser's address bar (while looking at a YouTube playlist). It comes right after the "p=". For instance:http://www.youtube.c...679CB240DD4C112"  your example shows putting the following any YouTube playlist box, which works very well. PLF679CB240DD4C112

This YouTube playlist    
Limited to 200 videos per playlist. Will usually look something like this: PLF679CB240DD4C112. Copy the playlist id from the end of the URL in your browser's address bar (while looking at a YouTube playlist). It comes right after the "p=". For instance:http://www.youtube.c...679CB240DD4C112

Please help.  I am thinking of upgrading to your pro version, but I certainly need to get this worked out first before I make that investment.

scrappy

#2 scrappy

scrappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

I figured it out. You enter the following based on my playlist URL

S-Odvrnx83ETbv0an04mGzMnmTfSyIkq

scrappy

#3 Marcel Groenen

Marcel Groenen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Similar problem. My playlist is:

If I enter this name in the settings: PL-jFQDLGfLnKMqvUwcoR75mxhRDvcov54
Tubepress strips off "PL-" , to jFQDLGfLnKMqvUwcoR75mxhRDvcov54

If I enter this name in the settings: PLjFQDLGfLnKMqvUwcoR75mxhRDvcov54
Tubepress strips off "PL" , also to jFQDLGfLnKMqvUwcoR75mxhRDvcov54

In both cases I get the error message:
YouTube responded to TubePress with an HTTP 404 - Playlist not found

What is the correct syntax for the playlist ? 

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Scrappy,

I'm glad you were able to figure out your issue!  That's excellent.

Marcel,

For your playlist, you should put: PL-jFQDLGfLnKMqvUwcoR75mxhRDvcov54 into the playlist field, and this will truncate to -jFQDLGfLnKMqvUwcoR75mxhRDvcov54 within TubePress, and it will then properly play your videos for you.

If you continue to have problems, please feel free to reply to this post.

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 Marcel Groenen

Marcel Groenen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:21 PM   Best Answer

Ok, solved. Apparently I had to wait a while before the playlist was publicly available in Youtube.

Thanks