These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Volume Up On Mouse Over Video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Frank Rondon

Frank Rondon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I wonder if there is a way to automatically play a video when the page loads, BUT with no volume and only hear the sound of the video when the user mouses over. Is there a way to make this happen in tubepress for WordPress?

Thanks!

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hi,

This isn't a baked-in feature of TubePress, but assuming you're using YouTube you could likely do this with a little jQuery along with the YouTube JavaScript Player API (which TubePress uses already). Some pseudocode might look like this:

var volumeUp = function (player) {

var player = getYouTubePlayerObject(this);

player.unMute();
}

jQuery(some-selector-for-all-youtube-iframes-on-page).each(function () {

player.mute();

}).mouseover(volumeUp);

Of course, feature requests are always welcome! But hopefully this will point you in the right direction?

#3 Frank Rondon

Frank Rondon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi,

This isn't a baked-in feature of TubePress, but assuming you're using YouTube you could likely do this with a little jQuery along with the YouTube JavaScript Player API (which TubePress uses already). Some pseudocode might look like this:

var volumeUp = function (player) {

player.unMute();
}

jQuery(some-selector-for-all-youtube-iframes-on-page).each(function () {

player.mute();

}).mouseover(volumeUp);

Of course, feature requests are always welcome! But hopefully this will point you in the right direction?

Where do I paste this code? thanks!

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

The code itself won't run as it's just pseudocode. You would need to convert it into proper JavaScript and past it anywhere on the page with TubePress (preferably at the bottom of the document).

Unfortunately I won't be able to immediately develop this code for you since it would entail a good chunk of time. But hopefully it will point you or your developer in the right direction to getting the feature implemented.

Does that make sense?

#5 Frank Rondon

Frank Rondon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

The code itself won't run as it's just pseudocode. You would need to convert it into proper JavaScript and past it anywhere on the page with TubePress (preferably at the bottom of the document).

Unfortunately I won't be able to immediately develop this code for you since it would entail a good chunk of time. But hopefully it will point you or your developer in the right direction to getting the feature implemented.

Does that make sense?

got it. Thank you for taking the time to point me the right way : ) TubePress Rocks!