These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Player Location Set To Popup Not Working

Best Answer felecial, 28 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Thank you Eric for all of your help. The hosting provider was 1and1.com and they gave me the "brush off"....told me the problem had nothing to do with them, despite me repeatedly reading what you wrote verbatim. I expressed over and over that I could get help on the software side, but needed to know what the error message was from the error log (not available in their control panel).

I had my client switch to Hostgator and after their migration folks moved the site (a free service...gotta love 'em), the problem NO LONGER EXISTED.

Thank you again!

Felecia

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 felecial

felecial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Here is the site that I am working on that has 3 instances of tubepress on the homepage. http://blokclubtv.com/

When I first installed tubepress and set up these 3 instances, the two instances that have the player location set to popup were working just fine. This week the popup stopped working. No matter if set to popup, shadowbox or jqmodal, the function begins to happen, but the video does not show. So far I have updated the tubepress plugin and also deactivated the site's other plugins one by one and it still doesnt work.

If someone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Hi,

Looks like TubePress is hitting an HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error) when it tries to fetch the HTML for the videos. When you click on a thumbnail, TubePress will make an asynchronous request to this URL to load the video. Go ahead and click on that URL and you can see the error in action.

The solution will depend on the actual error message: something you can get from your webserver's error log. I would contact your hosting provider, as they'll be able to quickly help you with this.

Definitely strange that it was working but stopped suddenly. Please let us know what you find!

#3 felecial

felecial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:56 AM   Best Answer

Thank you Eric for all of your help. The hosting provider was 1and1.com and they gave me the "brush off"....told me the problem had nothing to do with them, despite me repeatedly reading what you wrote verbatim. I expressed over and over that I could get help on the software side, but needed to know what the error message was from the error log (not available in their control panel).

I had my client switch to Hostgator and after their migration folks moved the site (a free service...gotta love 'em), the problem NO LONGER EXISTED.

Thank you again!

Felecia

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Glad to hear that you got it worked out, Felicia! Let us know if you run into any other trouble.