These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Curl Failed

Best Answer eric, 05 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

OK, I believe we have a fix.

TubePress 3.0.0 users can change line 99 of tubepress/vendor/ehough/shortstop/src/main/php/ehough/shortstop/impl/transports/CurlTransport.php

from this

$this->_handle = curl_init();

to this

$this->_handle = curl_init($request->getUrl()->toString());

If you're running TubePress 2.4.5 or lower, this same change can be made on line 83 of tubepress/sys/classes/org/tubepress/impl/http/transports/CurlTransport.class.php.

If anyone else reading this could try out the fix and report your results here, we would all be grateful. I'm still not entirely sure why curl_init() is demanding an argument, as it's supposed to be optional.

CiNiTriQs has been invaluable in helping me nail this down. Many thanks!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CiNiTriQs

CiNiTriQs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hi Eric,

I would like to PM you but it doesn't seem to be possible, so I will just state it here:

Hi there,

Just checking if a admin wordpress account on a test environment would help you out enough (as opposed to a FTP-account) to do some testing to try and resolve the "cURL failed" issue with the last plugin?

Some details I can already give:

PHP version: 5.3
WP version: latest
Server environment: Linux
shared hosting provider: www.web-oke.nl

if a wordpress account is not enough I might be able to provide an FTP account as well, but again, this is a bit of a last resort method to me.

That said, I have commented out the "'ehough_shortstop_impl_transports_CurlTransport',"
line in the right place and this does indeed resolve the problem, however, according to some details I found in the FAQ of my hosting provider, cURL methods should be working just fine

Thanks for looking into it and priority is at the moment, as stated before, rather low because it all works fine with either the previous version of the plugin or the commented out line in the new version.

Hi folks,

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing trouble with cURL. We try our very best to make sure that TubePress works on all server configurations, but obviously we aren't 100% bug free. I would still very much like to solve this issue once and for all.

We don't mean to blow off reports about this bug. To be a bit frank, it has been low priority because 1) thousands of sites are using cURL with TubePress without any trouble and 2) it's been impossible so far to reproduce reliably. I know that doesn't make it any better for you, but hopefully this adds some context to the situation.

So, how do we fix the bug? Best case would be shell and/or FTP access to your site. That would allow me to run some tests to find out exactly what's failing. Is it the network? PHP's configuration or version? The hosting provider? If you feel that you could provide this, please feel free to contact me privately over at the TubePress Community site. My username there is "eric".

Thanks for your understanding and I look forward to nailing down this issue once and for all!

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thanks! I just send you a private message via the forum here. Please let me know if you didn't get it.

#3 Sonia Tommasini

Sonia Tommasini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

Same problem here: installed 3.0, every feed don't works. Also plugin installation don't works. Removing 3.0.0 and coming back to 2.4.5 all worked well.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Same problem here: installed 3.0, every feed don't works. Also plugin installation don't works. Removing 3.0.0 and coming back to 2.4.5 all worked well.

CiNiTriQs is helping me debug. I'll post back on this thread once I have an update. Please stand by..

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:49 PM   Best Answer

OK, I believe we have a fix.

TubePress 3.0.0 users can change line 99 of tubepress/vendor/ehough/shortstop/src/main/php/ehough/shortstop/impl/transports/CurlTransport.php

from this

$this->_handle = curl_init();

to this

$this->_handle = curl_init($request->getUrl()->toString());

If you're running TubePress 2.4.5 or lower, this same change can be made on line 83 of tubepress/sys/classes/org/tubepress/impl/http/transports/CurlTransport.class.php.

If anyone else reading this could try out the fix and report your results here, we would all be grateful. I'm still not entirely sure why curl_init() is demanding an argument, as it's supposed to be optional.

CiNiTriQs has been invaluable in helping me nail this down. Many thanks!

#6 CiNiTriQs

CiNiTriQs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Had been tested and proved to work!

Thanks a lot and I hope to see this change in the next update of tubepress as well ;)