These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

removing jquery fixed tubepress but broke slider?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortland, Maine

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hello Eric...

Your instructions fixed my tubepress video gallery issue perfectly!! However, is it possible that removing the jquery line from the header.php could have broken my main slider on my home page? Is it possible to get both working?

www.robedgerleytv.com

Thanks!

Amy

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hi Amy,

I went to investigate, but when I visit http://www.youtube.c...r/robedgerleyTV

Is that supposed to happen? Let me know. Thanks.

#3 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

So sorry Eric.....yes, that was supposed to happen b/c I re-directed the site to his youtube pg for folks to view real estate videos while I wasn't actively working on it....completely forgot it would also prevent you from viewing it!! I just took the re-direct off....may take an hour or so to go into effect though. Sorry about that....thank you so much for taking a look!

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Looking at your HTML source, I don't see any reason that removing that extra jQuery include would break the slider on your homepage. Any chance you're able re-remove it, even temporarily, so I could examine the error?

#5 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

yes, of course! Are you wanting me to remove the jquery line or the slider?

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Just the jQuery line. That way I can see the error messages related to the slider. Thanks very much.

p.s. I probably won't be able to get to this until tomorrow (Thursday) morning East Coast time, so please feel free to time this as you see fit. Thanks.

#7 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

It's removed :) Thank you for looking....I appreciate your time and efforts! Hoping you can see the problem b/c I really like tubepress and want so badly to use it!!

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hi Amy,

So, it looks like everything is working normally now? Your homepage slider appears to be working the same way as seen in the theme's demo, and TubePress seems to be working too.

I'm probably missing something obvious but I'm not sure what...

Let me know. Thanks!

#9 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hi Eric,

The tubepress piece is working right now b/c I removed the jquery line....but in doing that it strips the main slider from the home pg....so that isn't even on the front pg right now for you to see.  It disappears when I remove the jquery line.  Sadly no, it's not working correctly.  Are you somehow seeing my main slider on your end and I'm not seeing it here?  It's not the slider that says featured properties.....it's one that has an image show up with text and then it drops off and another shows up...5 slides total (a house, a classroom, a downtown picture, pic of realtor & a pic of a couple).

Thanks!

Amy

#10 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

p.s. - the tubepress site changes look great!

#11 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Are you somehow seeing my main slider on your end and I'm not seeing it here?  It's not the slider that says featured properties.....it's one that has an image show up with text and then it drops off and another shows up...5 slides total (a house, a classroom, a downtown picture, pic of realtor & a pic of a couple).

Here's what I'm seeing: . I think that's what you're describing, no?

p.s. - the tubepress site changes look great!

Thanks! Still working out a few kinks here and there but we are also happy with the new community stuff.

#12 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Yes, that would be the one!  I think I am seeing the problem....it's not working in IE (which is what I was using) but it does work in Chrome (which gives me hope!).  The goal would be to get it working in IE, chrome, safari and firefox.  Knowing many of the clients would use IE, that is obviously a showstopper if I can't get that one working.  Do you know how I can manage to get both tubepress and the slider working in IE?

Thanks Eric :)

Amy

#13 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hello Eric....I know you're SUPER busy....was just wondering if you had any words of wisdom re: the above (trying to get tubepress and slider to co-exist in Internet Explorer)?  Seems to be fine in Chrome....

#14 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi Amy,

I haven't forgotten you! I did some more testing and the problem seems to be limited to Internet Explorer 9. I tried to debug, but it's still unclear to me as to where exactly the problem comes from.

Could you upgrade your TubePress install to version 3.0.0? That would at least rule out any bugs on TubePress's side that were fixed recently.

#15 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Upgraded to 3.0.0 - that didn't seem to fix it :( 

Is anyone else having this difficulty?

#16 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hi Amy,

We'll get to the bottom of this! I'd like to try to debug the code. In order for me to do so, I'll ask you to please swap the contents of the following two files:

• tubepress/src/main/web/js/tubepress.js
  • tubepress/src/main/web/js/tubepress-dev.js

#2 is simply an uncompressed version of #1. The problem appears to be unique to the slider that is in use on the front page of http://www.robedgerleytv.com/.

Stay warm up there in Maine! Sounds like you guys are getting a nice snowstorm.

#17 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Oh, definitely NOTHING nice about this storm lol! 

I am happy to do that....I'm just so appreciative of your help!  Sorry to sound stupid, but where do I find it?  I'm tech challenged :)

#18 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Sorry - I should have made that more clear!

Using FTP (or however you installed WordPress), navigate to <your wordpress installation directory>/wp-content/plugins/. Then from there, use the paths in my previous post. So the full paths will look something like this:

• <your wordpress installation directory>/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/src/main/web/js/tubepress.js
  • <your wordpress installation directory>/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/src/main/web/js/tubepress-dev.js

Does that make sense?

#19 Amy Sirois

Amy Sirois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hi Eric.....did you get my message by chance....sorry if I over-stepped!