These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

WordPress Widget Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zalman Kravitz

Zalman Kravitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello,

If you have a look at the right side you will see a tubepress widget.

Here is the code im using

[tubepress mode="user" userValue="jewsforjudaismintl"]

I am trying to output a widget that displays the latest video from that channel and than a way of going backward and forward. To be clear i only want to display one video at a time.

Let me know.

Thanks

-Zalman

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hi Zalman,

Try this shortcode:

[tubepress mode="user" userValue="jewsforjudaismintl" resultsPerPage="1" paginationBelow="true" ajaxPagination="true"]
That should display just the latest video from this user's uploads as a thumbnail, and include Ajax-enabled prev/next links below it.

Give that a try and let us know? Thanks!

#3 Zalman Kravitz

Zalman Kravitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hello Eric,

I tried it and it worked but the thumbnail is tiny, anyway to update just that thumbnail size?

Thanks!
Zalman

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hi Zalman,

Sure, try adding hqThumbs and the thumb size:

[tubepress mode="user" userValue="jewsforjudaismintl" resultsPerPage="1" paginationBelow="true" ajaxPagination="true" hqThumbs="true" thumbHeight="240" thumbWidth="180"]
How does that look?

#5 Zalman Kravitz

Zalman Kravitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Hello Eric,

Thanks for the response.

I was able to get the hq thumbs working.

Here's the code i am using:

[tubepress mode="playlist" playlistValue="PL061D914B66D2A0AF" resultsPerPage="1" paginationBelow="true" ajaxPagination="true" hqThumbs="true" thumbHeight="240" thumbWidth="180" playerLocation="shadowbox"]

Two Questions

1. I am using shaddowbox as the playerLocation but i cant get it to work, I have tried the other js scripts but i cant get to work either.
2 Is there a way to change what metadata is display bellow the thumb and if not is there a way to remove remove the average rating

Please advise

Thanks very much

Zalman

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hi Zalman,

1. I am using shaddowbox as the playerLocation but i cant get it to work, I have tried the other js scripts but i cant get to work either.

Sounds like either Shadowbox.js is not installed (as per the installation instructions) or you're experiencing a JavaScript error that is preventing TubePress from working properly. It's difficult to say which without getting a first-hand look.

2 Is there a way to change what metadata is display bellow the thumb and if not is there a way to remove remove the average rating

Sure, you can use one of the many meta options that TubePress provides. Each takes a value of either true or false, e.g.

[tubepress rating="false" ratings="false"]