These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Adding Shortcode to Text Widget? Possible?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maverick

maverick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Adding Shortcode to Text Widget? Is this possible

I use the normal shortcode formate as I would within page content but it just displays the actual text

[tubepress mode="playlist" playlistValue="PL08F59FB5477EE3E3" playerLocation="shadowbox" orderBy="newest" title="true" description="false"]

Thanks for any user help

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

I assume that you're already using the built-in TubePress widget? There's a very highly requested feature request for using multiple TubePress widgets. Please star that issue to track updates and vote for its implementation.

As a temporary workaround, you can use TubePress in a WordPress template to achieve the same effect. Not quite as easy, I know, but it works.

Does that answer your question?

#3 Mais Educação

Mais Educação

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hi eric

Sorry to bring to life aone year old thread but the links you´ve  pasted lead to a closed thread on github and to a not found page.

Any news about that long waited feature?

Thanks

PS. I´ve tried with some tips on putting the shortcode on a WP text widget but....no love

#4 Mais Educação

Mais Educação

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Anyone?

Thanks

#5 Chadwickhugh

Chadwickhugh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Looking for something similar, the ability to add the shortcode to a text widget.