These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

How can I get this old Tubepress Pro code working again

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 < no first name > Fleming

< no first name > Fleming

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm running Tubepress Pro 2.1.2 (I know, it's old!) on WP 3.41 and Thesis 1.85. I've got this tubepress coding in a page:

[tubepress template="course.tpl.php" theme="lecture" mode="playlist" playlistValue="023BCE5134243987" orderBy="position" playerLocation="normal" ajaxPagination="true" playerImplementation="youtube" playerLocation="fancybox" embeddedWidth="auto" embeddedHeight="auto" descriptionLimit="500" thumbHeight="90" thumbHeight="120" resultsPerPage="50"]

I had upgraded WP and Thesis yesterday, and now find that the videos and video descriptions show up on the page, but clicking the videos do no play them. Nothing happens.

Obviously, I have to upgrade to the recent version. But I remember trying this in the past and I had a problem, and that's why I had reverted back. I think I remember that I would also need to use a new Tubepress Pro statement.

Can someone tell me 1) if this statement above will work if I upgrade and 2) if it won't work, what would be the appropriate coding to accomplish the same thing.

And heck, I haven't been here in so long, I'm assuming I can still upgrade to a new version of Pro, right?

Thanks a bunch.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hello and welcome back! I'm sorry for the delay in response - you may have noticed that I upgraded my membership and payment system over the weekend and am finally getting caught up.

Can someone tell me 1) if this statement above will work if I upgrade and 2) if it won't work, what would be the appropriate coding to accomplish the same thing.

This shortcode uses the "template" option, which is obsolete, but otherwise everything else should work. In short, the "template" functionality was replaced by TubePress themes. So we'll simply need to migrate to a theme (which is not difficult). I did notice that you have

theme="lecture"
in your shortcode - is there any chance you already migrated to TubePress themes a while back? You could test this by simply removing the

template="course"
from the shortcode. If everything looks the same, then you won't need to migrate to a theme. Otherwise, here's what to do:

• [url=http://tubepress.com/documentation/customize/themes#creating_your_own_theme]Create and activate your own TubePress theme and call it "lecture"
  • Copy course.tpl.php (it should be somewhere in your TubePress directory) to wp-content/tubepress-content/themes/lecture/gallery.tpl.php
That should be it. If something breaks along the way, please just let me know and I'll be glad to assist.

clicking the videos do no play them. Nothing happens.

Let's get the them issue sorted out first before we tackle the broken thumbnails. Is that OK?

Thanks!