These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

How do I use Vimeo albums? [SOLVED]

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 James M

James M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

Hi,

I would like to use 3-4 Vimeo albums on one website - all from the same user (Pro account if that affects anything). They can be on different pages, though I suppose selectable categories on one page would be better. Anyway, the former is possible right?

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hi,

Yes, this is definitely possible. Basically you'll want to invoke a different PHP shortcode at each location that you want a gallery to show up. So for instance on one page you might have:

[tubepress mode="vimeoAlbum" vimeoAlbumValue="somealbumid1"]
then on another page (or the same page) you might have

[tubepress mode="vimeoAlbum" vimeoAlbumValue="somealbumid2"]
to show a gallery of the other album.

Hopefully that conveys the general idea. Does that make sense? Let me know how else we can help. Thanks!

#3 James M

James M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thanks very much Eric, further (fairly urgent) question regarding this however.

Is there a way to use Ajax filtering on the page? This would involve using several albums on one page. A lot of WP themes do this with their built in galleries, but obviously I don't want to use them as they're based on custom post types and don't sync with Vimeo.

Imagine:

All | Album 1 | Album 2 | Album 3

If this isn't included as a feature with TubePress Pro, could we perhaps work something out with regards to a private job?

Thanks,
James

#4 James M

James M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

In addition, they often have a nice slide effect. I've seen this on several galleries. http://www.eneaa.com...olio-4-columns/

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi James,

This type of functionality is not currently built-in to TubePress. Feature requests are always welcome! Features with the most votes will be implemented first.

If this isn't included as a feature with TubePress Pro, could we perhaps work something out with regards to a private job?

Thanks very much for your offer, but unfortunately at this moment I'm not quite prepared to accept consulting work. If you're still looking for a programmer in a month or two, please let me know! I'll also be posting details on my upcoming availability to tubepress.org's blog, so feel free to keep an eye on that.

Please let me know what else I can do for you. Thanks!

#6 James M

James M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Bummer, ok.

I've got a further question. I'm toying with a workaround, and it uses shortcodes for another plugin. So basically I've got shortcodes within shortcodes.

They're working, but the layout of your gallery is single file left side on some of the pages. Any idea why? I'll PM you the link.

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hi James,

Which browser/OS did you use when you saw the single column? I tested in Chrome and FF (both on Linux) and each tab (online, live action, 2d, etc, etc) shows 3 columns properly. Let me know and I'll investigate. It's likely a simple CSS fix.

Nice looking site, by the way!

#8 James M

James M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hi Eric,

Thanks, still a long way to go though.

I'd fixed the problem by disabling the fluid layout and specifying a width as custom css. But one question, you said you were seeing 3 columns?? It should be 4... I see 4 on my devices.

#9 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

I'm seeing 4 columns now. Maybe I viewed it while you were editing, or before you used the fixed layout. Either way, it's looking good now!