These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress Pro not showing up in Admin Settings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth Vincent

Elizabeth Vincent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hello there!

After activating the tubepress plugin, it is simply not present under Settings for me to configure.

I've just downloaded Tube Press Pro tonight and am using it on my Instant WP_4.2 which uses Wordpress 3.3.2 and the PHP is 5.3.2....This problem was in the free version of tubepress and so I bought the paid version in the hope that I would not have this problem but it is still there.

After activating the tubepress plugin, it is simply not present under Settings for me to configure.

I have an urgent deadline to meet....so please help!!!

eliz

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hi Eliz,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting TubePress Pro to show up on your site. Can you confirm the following (I'm sure you've done this all already)

• You followed the TubePress Pro installation instructions
  • The directory at wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_2_4_2 exists
  • You can activate TubePress Pro from WP Admin > Plugins
  • You are running PHP version >= 5.0.2
If you'd like to provide me with an account on your server, I'll be glad to log in and see if I can see anything amiss. But otherwise please let me know about the list above and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

#3 Elizabeth Vincent

Elizabeth Vincent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response.

All the 4 things listed have been done...tubepress has been properly installed, it is present in the plugins folder, it is active and I'm running php 5.3.2 ...it is definitely active but does not show up under Settings so I am unable to configure it or do anything with it.

The website is www.createninspire.com. I will send the login details via your site immediately after I post this. If you don't get it then please send me a private message with your email address so I can send you the login details to the site privately.

Regards

Elizabeth

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Thanks, Elizabeth!

I logged in and poked around in there for a while. Everything seems to be in order. Often when folks experience this type of error it's due to a corrupt installation, but yours looks intact. I also temporarily disabled all your plugins but TubePress still refused to load in your Admin section. I've definitely never seen this behavior before.

Going to try a few more things, so please stand by for another update. Just wanted to fill you in so far.

Thanks again,

Eric

#5 Elizabeth Vincent

Elizabeth Vincent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hi Eric!

And thanks for the update...looking forward to hearing back from you

eliz

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hi Elizabeth,

Are you able/willing to provide me with command-line access to your server? I'm interested in solving this issue but can't seem to really get anywhere with the WordPress login that you sent. This is definitely the first time I've seen this particular behavior, and I'm curious as to what the problem could be.

Let me know either way and we can proceed from whichever way you decide. Thanks!