These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Internet Explorer 9 Support?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Frank Hoffmann

Frank Hoffmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Another question.
I have a TubePress 2.2.9 install ... was a lot of work, and I am basically okay with it, BUT I noticed that "Internet Explorer 9" (on Windows) does not show videos, only the sound. Is that fixed in the latest version of TubePress? Saw some postings here that seem to indicate it is not.

I'd appreciate if anyone could give me a clear idea about this ... would be the only reason to upgrade (*if* it makes a difference).

Frank

#2 Frank Hoffmann

Frank Hoffmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

Nobody ... Eric?

Frank

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hi Frank,

I haven't seen this problem that you're experiencing. What happens when you view http://tubepress.com/demo/ with IE9? That's the site I just tested on and the audio and video works normally.

Do you have a link to your gallery that you could share so I could take a look?

#4 Frank Hoffmann

Frank Hoffmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

Hello Eric:

Not sure why you divided this into two threads ... but okay. I just now, not when I posted this, realise the following:

(1) Everything works fine on my wife's standard new notebook with Windows 7.
(2) The problem that occurs only happens on the two EeePC 'netbooks' (not notebooks) we have, both with Windows 7 Starter. One is of the older slow generation (three years old), with 2 Gig RAM, and the other is one of the very latest new generation ones that are pretty fast already, with only 1 GB RAM and 1.6 GHz fast (ASUS 1025C).

As mentioned the problem is only with IE 9. Under Firefox, for example, all works just as it should on both netbooks.

Best,
Frank

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hi Frank,

This may be a silly question, but do the netbooks have audio sync problems when viewing videos on youtube.com? Would be interesting to try to narrow it down.

Also, what are the exact versions of IE9 on each machine? I wonder if there's a version gap that could be causing trouble.

#6 Troy234

Troy234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I can confirm this problem. Windows 7 with IE9. Same issue with my videos and the ones on tubepress.org.

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

OK, here's what I'll do to try to narrow this down. I'm going to set up a page that has the same YouTube video embedded multiple times. For each embed, I'll use different HTML. I'll try iframes with varying parameters, and I'll try the old style of embedding. My hunch is that it's an