These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Click Next video To Show Next video In Playlist

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ryan dennler1359656607

ryan dennler1359656607

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'd like to mimic the functionality below in this screenshot - i dont want to have thumbnails that i select for the video per say, id rather it be able to go to the next video in playlist by clicking 'Next video' link like shown in the picture.

Screenshot example: http://tinyurl.com/6v6bs8c

Is this do-able with TubePress, if so how would I go about starting to setup something like this?

Thanks

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hi,

Yes, this should be possible with TubePress. Here's what I would do:

• If you haven't already, create a custom TubePress theme. This will preserve your changes when TubePress is upgraded.

• Assuming you don't want to display any thumbnails at all, edit your theme's copy of gallery.tpl.php and fill it with these contents:

<div class="tubepress_container" id="tubepress_gallery_<span class="syntaxdefault"><?php echo ${org_tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::GALLERY_ID}; ?>">    <?php echo ${org_tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::PLAYER_HTML}; ?></div></span>
    This effectively prevents any thumbnails from showing up.

• Wherever you want the video player to show up on your page, use this shortcode

[tubepress theme="mytheme" galleryId="9999" mode="playlist" playlistValue="someplaylistvalue"]
    In this shortcode "mytheme" is the name of the theme you created in step 1, "9999" is simply a random number, and "playlistvalue" is the playlist you want to show.

• Finally, you'll want to call (with JavaScript)

TubePressSequencer.next(9999);
    to start playback of the next video in the playlist. The "9999" needs to be the same number that you chose in step 3. So here's what some HTML/jQuery might look like for this:

<a id="nextLink">Next Random</a>

<script type="text/javascript">

jQuery('#nextLink').click(function () {
            TubePressSequencer.next(9999);
        });
    </script>

That should do it! Does that all make sense? Let me know if you have any questions along the way and I'll be happy to assist. You're the first user, that I know of, that is looking for this particular recipe so I'd be curious to see how it works out for you. Thanks!

#3 Ryan Dennler

Ryan Dennler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

Eric, thank you for the very thorough and detailed explanation. This worked out perfectly for me, simply the best.

Thanks again buddy