These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

2.1.1 pro thumbnails spacing and sizing

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 John Delmore

John Delmore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hi Eric,

Just wanted to let you know the "No videos" error message I was receiving corrected itself and is no longer happening. I guess it was just a temporary issue with Vimeo.

Thanks!

#22 Cam Merton

Cam Merton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Eric,

You're a god - thanks so much for that. The gallery.tpl.php fix put into a custom theme worked perfectly.

Thanks so much,

Cam

#23 Mike Lallemont

Mike Lallemont

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Ok I am using 2.2.8 and I cannot change the width of my thumbnails either from the defaults page or by specifying it in the short code attributes. It only seems to allow the height to change unless I use the widget template. I went ahead and bought this plugin, thinking I could work it out, but I've spent most of my day trying to get this to work and look right. Please help. Also where does it say anything about style changes? Do I put them in my wordpress theme's style.css or is there a styles sheet for the plugin? If so, where is it?

Nevermind about the style.css I found it.

Thank you,
Mike

#24 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Ok I am using 2.2.8 and I cannot change the width of my thumbnails either from the defaults page or by specifying it in the short code attributes. It only seems to allow the height to change unless I use the widget template. I went ahead and bought this plugin, thinking I could work it out, but I've spent most of my day trying to get this to work and look right. Please help. Also where does it say anything about style changes? Do I put them in my wordpress theme's style.css or is there a styles sheet for the plugin? If so, where is it?

Nevermind about the style.css I found it.

Thank you,
Mike

Hello Mike,

Sorry that you're having trouble getting your thumbnails to be styled correctly. We should be able to get your squared away. Are you able to share a link to your site so I can take a first-hand look? Typically when the thumbnail images won't resize, it's due to a CSS conflict that is easy to diagnose remotely.

As for where to keep your CSS changes, I highly recommend either editing your theme's CSS or using a 3rd-party CSS plugin to manage them. Here are some docs on this subject.

Thanks!

#25 Mike Lallemont

Mike Lallemont

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

I was able to get it to look the way I want, but I had to edit the default template's style.css. I created my own theme which uses the span around the image so it covers the black bars, but the css file from the theme folder wouldn't load. This site is not supposed to be public yet, but here is my link:

http://wordpress.out...om/?page_id=474

Thanks

#26 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for sharing your link, Mike. The thumbnails look like they're sized correctly now. Is there anything else that you're having trouble getting to work? Let me know and I'll be glad to assist. Thanks!

#27 Mike Lallemont

Mike Lallemont

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Yes the CSS file will not load from my custom theme folder, only the default styles.css loads, so I had to put my custom styles in there.

#28 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

While TubePress can load style.css from your custom theme, it's actually a deprecated feature due to relatively bad consistency across all browsers and OS's. Instead of keep your CSS edits in the default style.css (which obviously will be wiped out when you upgrade TubePress), I highly recommend either making CSS edits in either

• your WordPress theme's CSS files or
  • a CSS plugin (I recommend this one)
Either method will work fine - it's whatever you're comfortable with. What do you think?

#29 Susan Delmoor

Susan Delmoor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hi I have the same issue, where even placing the overriding styles in my theme's stylesheet does not override the default styles in the tubepress pro directory. Is there a way to disable the default styles ?