These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

scaling videos and shadowbox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 web guy

web guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

to sum it up how do i change the size of the video when i click a thumbnail in youtube gallery ...i'm using stand alone php

i'm getting scrollbars horizontal and vertical on the sample stand alone php demo you provided when i select shadowbox or fancybox

i figured out how to enlarge the shadowbox window using the embeddedHeight in the shortcode .... but that does not control how big the actual video plays ....how do i enlarge the videos all of them are playing at 320x240 looks like ..how do i set them to play say at 640px wide ?

some of the boxes like prettyphoto autoscale content .... is there a way to do this with tubepress? sometimes i'd like videos to be almost filling the browser window like 80% regardless of what monitor resolution is

thanks

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hi,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in response. I was out for the past few days for health reasons.

how do i enlarge the videos all of them are playing at 320x240 looks like ..how do i set them to play say at 640px wide ?

The "embeddedHeight" and "embeddedWidth" shortcode attributes should control the size of the video player. So in your case you should be able to use e.g.

[tubepress embeddedHeight="480" embeddedWidth="640"]
to achieve videos that play at 480px x 640px. If this is not the case for you, please send along a link to your gallery so we can take a look. Should be easy to fix.

some of the boxes like prettyphoto autoscale content .... is there a way to do this with tubepress? sometimes i'd like videos to be almost filling the browser window like 80% regardless of what monitor resolution is

There's a feature request filed for this functionality. Please star the issue to track updates and vote for the idea. Features with the most votes will be implemented before others.

#3 web guy

web guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

how do i enlarge the videos all of them are playing at 320x240 looks like ..how do i set them to play say at 640px wide ?

The "embeddedHeight" and "embeddedWidth" shortcode attributes should control the size of the video player. So in your case you should be able to use e.g.

[tubepressembeddedHeight="480"embeddedWidth="640"]
to achieve videos that play at 480px x 640px. If this is not the case for you, please send along a link to your gallery so we can take a look. Should be easy to fix.

i found a way around this by going in to a file somewhere and changing your default video iframe size

again what happened with youtube ....those embedded height tags changed the actual shadowbox window size but not the video player itself

#4 702arts

702arts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Hi. I'm working on this website and I'm having trouble with the player.

http://infoskan.com/darren-ashton/

I can adjust the player, but the videos don't fill the frame.

I'm under the impression that each video has to be uploaded in HD for this to happen.

How do I get the video to fill the frame?

I'm also having trouble making the player responsive on some videos?

If you click on the second video tumbnail, the width is responsive, but the height gets bigger as the browser window gets smaller.

Thank you

Brad