These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

TubePress just stopped working again...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Matt McNamee

Matt McNamee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

I fixed the "no videos to populate this tubepress gallery" error about a week ago by getting our own Vimeo API keys; however yesterday TubePress just stopped working again with the same error.

It's evident here:
http://newlifeunitin...es/our-stories/
I've changed the error code so that people visiting think its a third part problem - not ours ;)

Is there any other issue that would prevent it from working again?

I tried registering for another Vimeo developer API, inserted the new APIs but that didn't solve it either, so it doesn't look like it's Vimeo's issue.
I've also tried the var_dump() solution posted a while back, but that didn't output anything in the strings...

Please help...

#2 Kristen Nedopak

Kristen Nedopak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

I am having the same issue (though I didn't know about the API solution): http://outta-this-wo.../watch-the-show

Assistance is appreciated, thanks!

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

@baradesign, if you're able to enable the gallery again I'd be happy to take a look. Thanks.

@Nedopake, I didn't see a TubePress gallery on your site. Feel free to re-enable it and I'll do my best to help. Thanks.

#4 Matt McNamee

Matt McNamee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

Thanks @eric
It is enabled. I've upgraded to the latest version, and it still doesn't work - it seems that it's just Vimeo that doesn't work as Youtube settings pull videos in.
The url is - http://newlifeunitin...es/our-stories/

What do you think?

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

What do you think?

Please enable debugging from WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Advanced. That will allow me to get a look at what's wrong. Thank you.

#6 Matt McNamee

Matt McNamee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:18 PM

Please enable debugging

Thanks Eric - I appreciate it!
I've enabled debugging.

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

The error message is "The API key passed was not valid". Have you double checked your API secret/key? Most likely a typo or possibly you switched the secret and the key.

#8 Matt McNamee

Matt McNamee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for looking!

That's so weird. I've now got 2 sets of keys and both don't work - I've copied and pasted about 4 times for each set now.
Should I contact Vimeo? As in is it their issue?

#9 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hmm and you're pasting the "key" into the "key" box and same with the "secret"? If it's still not working, yeah I think contacting Vimeo will be your only option. Here's a link to their forum:

Also, make sure that your server's system time is correct to within a few minutes. Vimeo's key verification algorithm is time-based.