These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Advice on How to Using Tubepress Pro with Tabs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Kong

Justin Kong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hi

I would like to seek your assistance on how do I make tubepress pro into something like (www.pksoh.com). I am looking at the player portion as well as the big square portion below the player with tabs.

Can I configure it to show tabs of most viewed in my youtube account and also specific playlist? Please kindly advice

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hi,

Sure this should be possible with TubePress. The first thing to do would be to pick which tabs implementation that you're going to use. Perhaps something like jQuery UI? If you could tell me which you end up going with, I can provide guidance on how to achieve what you're after. Thanks!

#3 Justin Kong

Justin Kong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Firstly I'm not too tech savvy so please do bear with me.

Actions:
I have selected this tab function (http://thethefly.com...e-...ccordions/)

My goal is to create 3 to 4 tabs of video. They are:
Tab 1: Videos in my account
Tab 2: Videos in my specified playlist
Tab 3: display tags (words)

Is this possible? Please kindly point me the direction to achieve this. Thank you,

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

OK, that should work. Based on what I can glean from the docs for that software, I think you'll want to simply include something like this inside your WordPress page (using WordPress's page editor):

[tabs title="Videos" event="click" ]
    [tab title="My videos"]
        [tubepress mode="user" userValue="yourYouTubeUserName"]
    [/tab]
    [tab title="My Playlist"]
        [tubepress mode="playlist" playlistValue="someYouTubePlaylistId"]
    [/tab]
    [tab title="Scuba Diving Videos"]
          [tubepress mode="tag" tagValue="scuba diving"]
    [/tab]
[/tabs]
As you can see, we're just using TubePress shortcodes to generate a gallery for each tab's content. Assuming that the above works for you, you could continue to customize each gallery by adding options to each shortcode. Does that make sense?

#5 Justin Kong

Justin Kong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the code. It worked!

However I got some cosmetics matters to ask you. My site (http://www.justinkongyt.com) after using the tab function together with tubepress, there is this weird line that runs across. You have any idea how to remove it?

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Glad to hear that we're making progress!

As for the weird line, I'm having trouble identifying particularly what you're talking about. Could you perhaps send an annotated screenshot pointing out the problem?

#7 Justin Kong

Justin Kong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

http://www.justinnkongyt.com/1.bmp

www.justinkongyt.com/1.bmp

please find the screenshot above. I cannot seem to put the image here so you may download from the link.

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Ah OK thanks for sending that. The problem seems to be that an HTML <code> tag has snuck into your HTML source, which is messing up the layout. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/RcS8f.png.

The solution would be to simply get rid of those <code> tags. I would recommend using WordPress's HTML Editor (as opposed to the Visual Editor) and see if you can simply edit that out from that page. Make sense?

#9 Justin Kong

Justin Kong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hi Eric,

Where can I find the file name of this code to edit? Please kindly advice.

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

You should be able to make the edit from within WordPress's admin section. Probably not necessary to edit any PHP files directly. Here's what I would do

• Go to WP Admin > Pages and find your "Video" page.
  • Click on "Edit" for your Video page
  • Make sure that you have "HTML" selected for the editor mode (as opposed to "Visual")
  • Search for any <code> tags and delete them
This is, of course, assuming that your "Video" page is in fact a regular WordPress page and not a template.