These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Works on localhost but not one particular server

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Neil Mount

Neil Mount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

Hi,
I have a problem unable to resolve, the 'No Matching Videos' syndrome on one server. Identical site (using backupbuddy to move) on localhost perfect, installed on a VPS and not working, installed on a second VPS and working perfectly.

Read through every thread relating to this and tried all the advanced setting combinations. Sent your sample email to my server manager who has been looking into this but no solution so far, he also checked the Apache setting on the working vps and made sure they are identical on the failing one, no success.

All shortcodes result in the 'No Matching Videos' so no debug error messages. cURL etc all installed and apparently working in other respects.

Is a test site for a client so no big problem as they can view the working example but would like to resolve as wanting to use TubePress on the failing server for future use.

Working test site is http://212.126.36.112/~magma/trailers/

Failing one is here http://viewvox.com/trailers/

Any ideas?

Thanks
Neil

#2 Neil Mount

Neil Mount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

Just figured how to use the debug url option and can see the difference between the working and failing outputs but cannot understand what that means! Should provide the answer to someone who can read that.. seems to perhaps gets stuck with "(Chain Gang) Seeing if..." bits about wanting to handle execution and looks like nothing wants to do that?

Neil

#3 Neil Mount

Neil Mount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Update:
Setup a vimeo api key and test with that displays viemo gallery fine, so narrowed down to a YouTube issue, possibly related to the gdata youtube feed as mentioned elsewhere here, seeing if my host can help on that.

Neil

#4 Neil Mount

Neil Mount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

Any thoughts on my problem as described? Should I open a support ticket or something? I was thinking about the Pro version but this seems a blocking point as I cannot figure it and my host has been as helpful as able.

I tried your recent suggestion and now see "couldn't connect to host" as the error message. Debug does seem to show however it sees the videos but just cannot grab them. Vimeo works however.

So far as my host sees the setting on my VPS are identical to those on my other working VPS and also works on localhost.

Neil

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Is this site still failing for you? I see a working TubePress gallery... Let me know. Also be aware that I'll be releasing TubePress 2.4.0 in a few hours which may provide more clues to problems like these. Thanks.

#6 Neil Mount

Neil Mount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

Thanks Eric, had not looked for a few days and it is now working there! Very odd though, no change to the server settings, so whatever it was has now fixed itself!

Looking forward to the latest version.

NB. Links above are test sites so will no longer be valid as the issue is resolved.

Neil