These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Pro: Gallery video descripton length problem [SOLVED]

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Troy234

Troy234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

Tried searching the forum for an answer and got the message I don't have permission to search.

Anyway, the problem is that when I change the size of the thumbnail (make it bigger), it reduces the amount of description below each thumb regardless of what is set in 'maximum description length'. When I set 180x240, all descriptions disappear completely. Using the default theme.

The page at the link below is set for 135x180 thumbs and 500 for the description length. Same result in FF and IE.
http://goo.gl/nfI7B

Thanks!

#2 Troy234

Troy234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Can I get some help with this please?

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to you! We can get you fixed up ASAP.

The trick here is that you'll need to make a simple CSS change to make your thumbnails (that is, the image itself and the video meta information below it) taller. This is accomplished by changing the "height" attribute of the "tubepress_thumb" CSS class. It's 175px by default, so for instance if you wanted to add 100 more pixels in height you would have something like

.tubepress_thumb  {
    height: 275px;
}
As described in the docs, you'll want to make this change in a CSS file external to TubePress so that your changes aren't wiped out when you upgrade. Does that make sense? Let me know if you have questions on how to do this, or if you need help getting anything else in your gallery to look right, and I'll be glad to assist. Thanks!

#4 Troy234

Troy234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Thanks Eric.

What file should I put the code in? style.css?

Thanks

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yes, your WordPress theme's style.css would be a perfect place to make the change. i.e. wp-content/themes/agentpress/style.css.

Another option would be to use a plugin like this to keep your CSS edits kept in a separate stylesheet.

#6 Troy234

Troy234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi Eric,
Sorry for the sloooow response. That did work perfectly. It does seem like that might be a good option to add from within the Tubepress setup. Maybe in a future update.
Troy

#7 imnotminkus

imnotminkus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Updated link to the CSS section of the docs: http://tubepress.com...CSS_and_Styling