These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

No Matching Videos

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Doug White

Doug White

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

I recently bought the pro version of Tubepress but am having trouble with it working.
Once I put my shortcode in, all I get in "No Matching Videos..."

#2 Mike Martins

Mike Martins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hey!

I think I am having the same problems on my sites.

I checked other support posts on the "No Matching Videos" error and worked with my host and edited my shell, but still cannot bring up my videos... Dreamhost recently changed the machine that all of our sites were hosted on and since it has broken - the confusing part is that I have made sure the 5 ways that Tubepress tries to connect are working...

Here are links to the problem pages

http://www.baldface.net/media/video

http://www.explorebi.../montana-videos

Thanks in advance! My clients and myself, really appreciate it!

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hi,

First I'd like to apologize for the major delay in responding to both of you!

This post outlines the solution that I would recommend for both of you. Here's the content of the post:

You may have read elsewhere here in the forum that the upcoming version of TubePress produces human-readable error messages instead of the insanely vague "No matching videos" message.

In the meantime, we'll have to do some digging to see what's going on with your installation. I looked at your debug output and it seems as though execution stops suddenly. Typically this means that TubePress hit a fatal error and couldn't continue. To actually see the error message, please edit this line. Change it from

CODE: SELECT ALL
$generatedHtml = $ms->_('no-videos-found');

to

$generatedHtml = $e->getMessage()

That should make TubePress spit out a more descriptive message. Let me know how that goes or if you need assistance making this edit. Thanks!

I'm planning on having a release candidate for the next TubePress version out by today or tomorrow. So if you're feeling brave you could wait until then, but I would suggest simply making the edit outlined above so we can figure out why your galleries aren't working. Let me know what you think. Thank you!

#4 Tyler Malay

Tyler Malay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hello,
I'm running into the same "No Matching Videos" issue. I altered the code and got "Class org_tubepress_impl_cache_PearCacheLiteCacheService does not exist" in place of No Matching videos. What would you recommend I do from here?
Thank you

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hello,
I'm running into the same "No Matching Videos" issue. I altered the code and got "Class org_tubepress_impl_cache_PearCacheLiteCacheService does not exist" in place of No Matching videos. What would you recommend I do from here?
Thank you

This is a classic symptom of a corrupt TubePress installation. Please delete your existing installation and replace it with a fresh copy.

#6 Doug White

Doug White

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Where do I place this code?

$generatedHtml = $e->getMessage()

Thanks!

Doug

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hi Doug,

You can make this change (on TubePress 2.2.9 or below) on line 82 of sys/classes/org/tubepress/impl/env/wordpress/Main.class.php. If you're feeling brave you might also like to try our the first release candidate of version 2.4.0. Let me know how else I can help. Thanks.