These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

How do I Add MP3 Download option for each youtube video?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrey Deshkin

Andrey Deshkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

Hi,

First of I'd like to thank the developers for tubepress, countless hours went into making this for what it is today. Thanks Again.

Second, if you head over to (http://www.slaviccen...012/index01.htm) I'd like to download the MP3 of each youtube video that is on our website.
Is this possible with tubepress? I searched the forum and havent found a topic on this and thought I'd ask.

Third, If this is not possible with tubepress then we can convert our own mp3 for each youtube video and host them on our server. My next question is is there a way to make a download MP3 link for each video? See attached picture:

[attachment=0]tubepress.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks in advance.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately this feature would be against YouTube's Terms of Service, so it's something that will never be a part of TubePress's core. As you can imagine, I can't afford to lose my good standing with them!

That said, TubePress has a feature request filed for exactly the functionality you're after. It's relatively high up on the list, so I would recommend starring it to vote for the feature and track updates. Features with the most votes will be implemented first. What you do with your custom video meta information is entirely up to you.

Sorry I can't be or more help at the moment..

#3 Andrey Deshkin

Andrey Deshkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

Eric,

Since my #1 preference violates the TOS of youtube then lets look at preference #2.

We will host the MP3's on our web server, is there a way to attach a link to each youtube video to a fixed .mp3 audio file. Almost like a meta tag.

Is there way to add links under each youtube video that point to a fixed .mp3 audio file, that user can download.

thanks.