These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

How do I make a channel's featured video show first?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lakeebs

lakeebs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

I know you can use "mode="recently_featured"" to show what YouTube featured but how do I show the featured video for a particular channel?

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure I completely understand your question. Could you explain what you mean by "the featured video for a particular channel"? I haven't heard of a channel having a featured video, but I could easily have missed it!

If you're looking to display just the latest video from a particular channel, there is a feature request filed for this functionality. Please star the issue to track updates and vote for the idea. Features with the most votes will be implemented first.

Thank you!

#3 lakeebs

lakeebs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

Here's an example. If you notice, the video shown is not the latest uploaded video. It is a featured video. I believe this may have been recently introduced but I'm not sure.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

I see now - thanks for clearing that up. I did some research and it seems that this is a feature specific to youtube.com. Here is a screenshot from my YouTube channel where it shows the ability to choose a "featured" video to show on my channel's landing page. I searched through the YouTube API reference and unfortunately didn't find anything related to this. Since TubePress is at the mercy of the YouTube API, it doesn't look like this is an ability that we'll have any time soon.