These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Excluding parts of the description from being pulled

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 James Dr

James Dr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

I had some custom code written for me which enables me to display the description of a video in fancybox popup, with clickable links and images by adding some html code in the youtube description.
This looks quite messy on the youtube video page though, and i was wondering if it'd be possible to exclude certain parts of the description from being used?

http://viddb.com/?page_id=8 (top left video)

For example
-
Description of video here

#fancybox_display
text to display in fancybox
#fancybox_display_end

Cheers!

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hi,

I think this should be doable, but it looks like whomever did your custom coding actually modified TubePress's core? My only concern is that your changes will get wiped out when you upgrade TubePress.

I'd also like to make sure that I fully understand what you're after. In your example, "Description of video here" refers to a piece of the actual YouTube video description? If so, then what should "text to display in fancybox" actually contain?

How about we use as an example. Let me know. Thanks!

#3 James Dr

James Dr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

I don't know exactly which parts he modified, i'll send him a message.

Text to display in the fancybox is what i want to display under the fancybox popup on viddb.com. Only the part within the # # tags should be shown there, not the entire video description as it does right now.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

OK, well please let me know what he says and we can work from there.

As for the description, I don't see any pound (#) symbols for this video: http://i.imgur.com/pzQk2.png. I also looked at a few other videos and didn't see any pound symbols. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks.

#5 James Dr

James Dr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

The code hasn't been written yet. the # should act as a short-code for the the text that needs to be pulled, so that anything within [#fancybox] [/#fancybox] gets displayed on my website in the fancybox popup. Anything that is not between the shortcode tags should not be displayed (ps, i'm hope i'm making sense, haha. I have very little experience with coding)

I have sent you a PM with the files and a description where to find the custom code.