These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

plans for phpbb3 integration?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Rowell

Matt Rowell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

I'm curious, since you've got a new phpbb3 install here if you had planned on any sort of integration? I had a working prototype of TubePress within phpbb3 by way of an integration of WordPress - you could search videos from phpbb's search and get results inline within a phpbb template. Users could also add their Youtube ID to their profile so that when you click on that YouTube button it takes you to a tubepress powered page showing results from that youtube user.

I'd like to do something similar with the standalone version available by going pro - but I wanted to see if there's already any plans on integration in the works. BBcodes for thumbnail displays (linked to tubepress page), youtube or vimeo buttons in user profiles pointing to tubepress controlled content, recent videos in user profiles, etc. Another thing I'm looking to do is setup a similar sidebar widget, but for a phpbb portal rather than wordpress. But I'd rather it open the video on a tubepress landing page instead of inside a lightbox - is that possible? Or are we limited based on YouTube controlling that link?

#2 Matt Rowell

Matt Rowell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

I sort of answered my own questions here. I was able to create a standalone page within phpbb3's template easily. I passed the TubePress values through phpbb3's template array without problems. The two work seamlessly. I also added a variable to pass a user's youtube channel from their phpbb3 profile, so when you click on that youtube icon it takes you to a tubepress landing page within my phpbb site rather than youtube.

Thanks for a great plugin, I look forward to showing off my implementation here soon when we launch :)

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

Wow, awesome! I would very much look forward to seeing your final implementation once it's ready. Thanks for posting your progress so far.