These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Video Thumbnails not playing... gray main video window -help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 John Cressman

John Cressman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

Ok... I'm having the same problem as several others. Not sure what's causing it.

The site is:

http://gator1871.hos...lo/video-clips/

I can play the first video fine. However, any other videos don't play and in fact, sort of "grey out" the main video.

Also, on IE8 it seems to give a page error.

any ideas?

#2 John Cressman

John Cressman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

Anyone have any ideas on this?

#3 Michael Locke

Michael Locke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'm having this exact same issue. Any help on why this is happening. I did update wordpress, does that have anything to do with it.

My videos page is here: http://www.mlwebco.com/videos/

Thanks,

~ Mike

#4 John Cressman

John Cressman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

I'm still on WordPress 3.2.1, I didn't upgrade to 3.3 yet - so I don't think it's the WordPress upgrade.

#5 Michael Locke

Michael Locke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

I've been reading up on other comments in other threads, many people having this issue. The problem seems to be that the page is making "multiple" jquery calls. I've seen this many times in other threads. Saying to just remove one of the calls and you should be fine. My problem is that I don't know how to remove any of the jquery calls. I have access to my Wordpress template files, I'm looking at all of them, header.php, index.php and my custom .php template pages, I can't figure out how there are multiple calls or how to delete the line or remove them. When I view source on my page, I think I can see what they're saying. But just not sure how to fix it? Still looking. If I figure it out, will update you on this thread. ~ Mike

#6 Michael Locke

Michael Locke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

Also, just to be sure, do you have the Pro version or the Free version. The free version won't play the thumbnails, so just keep that in mind. I have the Pro version and I'm still having this issue. The Pro version is the $25 bucks a year. If you have pro, ignore this. ;)

#7 John Cressman

John Cressman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

So, the free version just displays the thumbnails... but won't play them?

That seems... well... rather lame. Why display them at all if they can't be played.

#8 Michael Locke

Michael Locke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

Exactly, I went through the same thing, scratching my head for hours until I figured it out.

#9 John Cressman

John Cressman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Well... I guess this product is worthless to me.

If I can't test the functionality... and I get javascript errors... no point in wasting my time with it anymore.

Let's see what else is out there.