These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Ajax

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Chadwick

Mike Chadwick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

I just upgraded to pro, and I am having trouble getting the pagination to work correctly. I have read the other threads about it, but frankly, I am confused as to what I need to do to get it working correctly.

The site where I am experiencing the issue is http://www.acutalhumanbeings.com/moc

It regards to that page, I was also wondering how I would go about changing the title alignment, fort, etc.

Thanks

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

Hi,

Looks like you simply need to enable Ajax pagination from WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Appearance. Could you verify that the "Ajax pagination" checkbox there is indeed checked?

As for editing the style of that page, the best practice is to make TubePress CSS changes in an external stylesheet. i.e. your theme's CSS or using an external CSS plugin such as this one. If you want to make changes to the HTML structure that TubePress generates, you can do this via a custom TubePress theme.

Make sense? Let me know how it goes with the Ajax pagination. Thanks!

#3 Mike Chadwick

Mike Chadwick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

I apologize. I had it turned off because it wasn't working.

I have it turned on now, and it is still not working. If you could take a look at it, I would appreciate it.

I downloaded the plugin for the CSS, and I will give that a try later on.

Thank you.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

Hi,

No worries. Something is definitely not quite right. When TubePress makes an Ajax call on your site, it tries to fetch http://www.actualhum...on...rinter.php. As you can see, in this case we're getting a 404 Not Found. Notice how the same URL on tubepress.org works normally.

My guess is that this is either due to a corrupt TubePress Pro installation, filesystem permissions, or server permissions. I would try re-installing TubePress Pro and making sure that your filesystem permissions are correct. Your system administrator (if not you) will definitely be able to help you with this.

Let me know how else I can assist. Thanks!

#5 Mike Chadwick

Mike Chadwick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

What should the file system permissions be? I am relatively new at this, and am learning as I go. Is that something I contact the host for, or is that something I change myself?

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

If I were you I would just file a support request with your hosting support. I would say

The following URL returns a 404 Not Found: http://www.actualhum...on...rinter.php.

However I've verified that the file exists. I'm thinking this could be a filesystem permissions problem or maybe a server misconfiguration. Could you point me in the right direction?

If you want to investigate yourself, I would just make sure that all of the files/directories in TubePress Pro have at least "read" permissions for everyone. Keep us posted. Thanks.

#7 Mike Chadwick

Mike Chadwick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

The host was no help at all, and the author of the theme doesn't seem to know what to do either. This is disappointing. The ajax feature was the reason that I upgraded.

I did change all of the permissions, but to no avail.

#8 Mike Chadwick

Mike Chadwick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

The host returned this message to me tonight:

I have checked the URL http://www.actualhum...on...rtcode.php . Please check the script from your end.

#9 Mike Chadwick

Mike Chadwick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

I have checked the other file at URL: http://www.actualhum...on...rtcode.php is loading fine. The permissions has been set for your account and there no issue with the permissions. Since, we are a hosting service provider, we do not provide any assistance in debugging the issues. I suggest you to contact your application vendor and have them check this issue.

That is today.

Does this mean if the program accesses the new file that I will no longer have the issue? If that is the case, how do I get that done?

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

They must have done something, but everything seems to be working properly now! I just visited your gallery and Ajax pagination works as expected. Let me know if you see the same..