These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Random Issues / Ignoring Password

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keith Cleversley

Keith Cleversley

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:06 AM

I just installed TubePress and am only interested in the Vimeo half of it. Immediately, there are several strange functions that I was hoping would be resolved with the paid version:

01. Even when I UN-check the YouTube options, as soon as I click on "Save" and the page reloads, the YouTube box is checked again.

02. Even though I make all of the fields in YouTube blank and make some of the fields blank in the Vimeo section, as soon as I click "Save" and the page reloads, there are default values in the fields such as "mrdeathgod" and "patricklawler" and "cats playing piano." This is extremely annoying for a paid application.

03. I thought that the sales ad to donate would be removed once I paid for the application, but at the bottom of the page, a Donate button is still there.

04. Perhaps strangest of all, is that I have several password protected videos. They all appear on my site without needing any password. How do I prevent those videos from appearing on my website, and actually...how are they appearing in the first place?

I know write functions are working just fine; this is a heavily-posted blog with several plugins and regular updates.

Thanks in advance.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

Hi,

The complete feature delta between the free version and the paid version is laid out here: http://tubepress.com/features. There's also a pre-sales forum if there's any uncertainty as to what comes in the Pro version. I've tried my best to be absolutely clear about what you get when you go Pro, and I welcome feedback on how I can communicate that better.

Even when I UN-check the YouTube options, as soon as I click on "Save" and the page reloads, the YouTube box is checked again.

The "Show options applicable" feature doesn't persist its settings to the db. This was never implemented, as other bugs/issues have higher votes and thus higher priority of implementation. Feature requests are always welcome. If you want to disable the YouTube box by default, you can edit ui/options_page/html_templates/options_page.tpl.php line 122 from:

jQuery("#youtube-checkbox, #vimeo-checkbox").attr("checked", true);
to

jQuery("#vimeo-checkbox").attr("checked", true);

Even though I make all of the fields in YouTube blank and make some of the fields blank in the Vimeo section, as soon as I click "Save" and the page reloads, there are default values in the fields such as "mrdeathgod" and "patricklawler" and "cats playing piano."

TubePress performs some validation on those fields, and it doesn't allow empty values. You'll have to just insert some text in those boxes.

I thought that the sales ad to donate would be removed once I paid for the application, but at the bottom of the page, a Donate button is still there.

This has actually been removed in the upcoming version of TubePress. You can remove it yourself now by cutting it from ui/options_page/html_templates/options_page.tpl.php.

Perhaps strangest of all, is that I have several password protected videos. They all appear on my site without needing any password. How do I prevent those videos from appearing on my website, and actually...how are they appearing in the first place?

Hmm that doesn't sound right. Please feel free to send a link to your gallery (PM me if you'd like) and we can take a look.

Hope this answers your questions thus far, and I look forward to assisting you further! Thanks.

#3 Keith Cleversley

Keith Cleversley

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the speedy and thorough response; I'm impressed. By the way, I'm not unhappy with my purchase of the Pro version at all; I'm happy to support your efforts in any way I can. I did read through the link you provided below, and that's part of what prompted me to purchase the Pro version, but I didn't see answers to the questions I posed, even after I re-checked that section.

Either way, as far as the password protected videos appearing on my website without entering any password whatsoever; I prefer to send you a PM with the links since they're not publicly-available videos. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that I entered an "approved" website for the videos to appear as part of the Privacy settings on Vimeo. Perhaps that's overriding the Password that exists for all the videos.

Thanks!