These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Do I need Pro?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John Culpepper

John Culpepper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

I have a longstanding unresolved question and wonder if buying pro will give me (a) the support I need and (b) the feature I need.

I want to center a video in the middle of my content frame on my home page (centered horizontally). In that I'd like to feed the most recent video from our YouTube channel (only one video and only from our one user).

Is that possible? Will Pro get me that feature? No one has responded to my repeated requests on how to do it and I'm happy to upgrade if that's what it takes.

Thank you.

John

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hi John!

Yes and no. "Yes" in that with TubePress Pro you'll get priority support from me (your developer) here in the forums, and basic assistance with laying out your galleries is included with that support. So centering a video would be covered for sure.

"No" in that TubePress currently doesn't support the notion of displaying a single embed from a feed as you described. There is a feature request filed for this functionality, but as you can see it has relatively few votes. Features with more votes will be implemented first, so please star the issue to vote for it and track updates.

Hope this answers your questions for now?

#3 John Culpepper

John Culpepper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

Eric,

Thanks for that. I'll buy Pro as soon as the current cash crisis eases, perhaps next week. So you can count on my entering a call about how to center the vid.

As for the feed on the latest video, I'll just have to monitor my favorites at YouTube and have only the latest vid from the specified channel and then have it pick up my favorites list. It will be an extra step but by default it's the latest feed from a given channel.

Look for my upgrade and centering question soon.

Cheers