These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Customizing YouTube player colors..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 justin aziz

justin aziz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

So, not sure how this hasn't been noticed by anyone else yet, or maybe I'm somehow the only person having this issue, but when you try and set the colors of the default YouTube player, it can't be done because of how TubePress outputs the embed url. TubePress outputs http://youtube.com/v/(video_id)?color1=0x000000&color2=0x000000&etc. Hope that made sense to you. Anyway, normally I would go and find where the url was being built in whatever template was responsible for it and change the /embed/ to /v/ but I can't for the life of me find it. I found src="" in the youtube template under the default/embedded_flash templates, but I couldn't find where the EMBEDDED_DATA_URL was being built. So please, can someone either tell me where I can find this or tell me how I can pass custom colors for the player with the current /embed/ url. Thanks for your time

PS You have some fatal errors on your "Colors" Feature Showcase page under Embedded Players, not sure if it relates to this but yeah.

#2 justin aziz

justin aziz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

Real top notch operation you guys have going here, can't get a response on the forum or through email.