These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Videos will not play in gallery

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Siegrist

Scott Siegrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:23 AM

Single embedded vids play fine, but I cannot get any vid in the gallery to open and play. This is in WP 3.2.

I have tried...
1. Different playerLocation
2. Loading the page in FF, IE, and Chrome
3. Deactivating all plugins
4. Complete reinstall of tubepress, including the deletion of all tables
5. I have checked with firebug (1.7 in FF 3.6)...zero errors for tubepress. The only error I actually get is an Adsense error.
6. In code view, I can see the proper 'tubepress_youtube_...' links

It seems something is not allowing the tubepress js to activate at all. My only thought is my theme uses prettyPhoto and jquery...wondering if somehow those functions are preventing tubepress from initiating at all.

I should also note, that customized settings are not working either...such as thumbnail sizes, etc., though I'm not invoking any custom css.

Any thoughts?

-Scott

#2 Scott Siegrist

Scott Siegrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

Through testing, it certainly is an issue with something within my theme. Though I receive no errors, there must be a conflict among the scripts used.

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

Please send along a link to your gallery so we can take a look. Thanks.

#4 Scott Siegrist

Scott Siegrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

Thanks to Eric, the problem was discovered.

My theme had multiple calls to jQuery. Specifically, the following...

/wp-content/themes/blogitty/js/jquery.min.js

/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.6.1

I simply commented out the following, oldest of the two scripts, from header:

<script src="<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I should note that commenting out the above jquery script may have an effect on other theme files or plugins that use jquery, and if so, you will need to make additional coding changes.

-Scott

#5 Scott Siegrist

Scott Siegrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

As it turns out, there was way too much code to change in the theme to fix. The theme author will change the code for the next version, so in the mean time, I'm having to re-enabled...
<script src="<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I then added...
<?php wp_deregister_script('jquery'); / ?>

This stops WP built-in version from loading, however, tubepress stops working.

My guess is tubepress is looking for default jquery, but it is not 'registered'? This site also uses prettyPhoto, and it still works without the WP built-in jquery.

-Scott

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

My guess is tubepress is looking for default jquery, but it is not 'registered'?

Yes, this is how TubePress loads jQuery. It's all about being a good citizen in your WordPress installation. Here are some more docs on why this is important, in case you aren't familiar with it.

If you'd like to edit your TubePress install to stop the jQuery registration, you can comment out this line. Hope this helps!

#7 Scott Siegrist

Scott Siegrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

That did not work. I even tried the following, if correct at all:
wp_enqueue_script('my_script', WP_CONTENT_URL . 'themes/blogitty/js/jquery.min.js');

I'll just wait for the theme author's update.

-Scott

#8 Christina Jones

Christina Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

I'm having issues ever since I switched wordpress themes. I have a custom wordpress theme and I can't figure out the problem. The thumbnails to the videos stopped working. I've tried everything from installing and reinstalling and even installing it manually. I see the wp_head in my theme's header. I'm a lil new at this, my 1st website I created earlier this year. Do I need to maybe use an older version? Seems like people are doing that and its working for them. Please help. I really miss this plugin a lot when it worked. Thanks.

http://mikeposnerhits.com/videos/

#9 Scott Siegrist

Scott Siegrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

I'm having issues ever since I switched wordpress themes. I have a custom wordpress theme and I can't figure out the problem. The thumbnails to the videos stopped working. I've tried everything from installing and reinstalling and even installing it manually. I see the wp_head in my theme's header. I'm a lil new at this, my 1st website I created earlier this year. Do I need to maybe use an older version? Seems like people are doing that and its working for them. Please help. I really miss this plugin a lot when it worked. Thanks.

It appears you may have the same issue as I did...multiple calls for jquery...

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://mikeposnerhits.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.6.1'></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.4/jquery.min.js"></script>

#10 Christina Jones

Christina Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

It appears you may have the same issue as I did...multiple calls for jquery...

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://mikeposnerhits.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.6.1'></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.4/jquery.min.js"></script>

OK and that means? I'm SOL? LOL.
What do I do then? Remove them both? Pick one lol? And if I do, my site dies? I'm so silly, sorry. But seriously, does this mean I shouldn't bother with tubepress until I change my theme which I don't plan on it anytime soon? Try an older version of tubepress?

#11 Christina Jones

Christina Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

Well, I just converted to 2.2.0 version and IT WORKS! I guess "multiple calls for jquery" was an issue, whatever that means. I'm very clueless lol. So, I'm not sure if its okay to be on an old version or not. Let me know. Sorry if I sound so unsure, I'm just very new at all of this. If I can update to the 2.2.7 somehow and change something around without messing with my current theme, please let me know. I'm definitely changing themes in the near future. Probably in Sept and this probably will go away, maybe. I hope. Because, I love tubepress. :)

#12 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

Great! I would always recommend upgrading to the latest version of TubePress if you can. You could always just try it out - download 2.2.7 next to 2.2.0 - and go back to 2.2.0 if it doesn't work for any reason. It won't hurt to try.

On a somewhat unrelated note, for a few weeks straight I was seriously addicted to this Michael Posner / Michael Jackson mashup.