These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Cache Question..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JP2015

JP2015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

New pro user here.

Out of the box, with no options clicked under the cache option, is there any cacheing happening in regards to listing and updating galleries.

I noticed that when I add a video to my Youtube playlist the galleries don't always update immediately or withen minutes. It does when I do a : http://mysite.com/?t...stem_cache=trueper the documentation.

I'm just wondering what to expect.

Thanks.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

By default TubePress caches API responses for 6 hours, though of course you can customize this to your liking.

Are you using TubePress in a WordPress environment? We have some documentation on how and what TubePress caches here. Standalone PHP users will want to take a look at the cache options that you can supply to TubePress.

#3 JP2015

JP2015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

Ah. Thanks. In Wordpress.

Looks straightforward except for cache cleaning. So the default is 20, so does that mean that the entire cache is redone in every 20 rewrites?

Thanks. May have little questions here and there until I get up to speed.

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:58 AM

JP, yes that is correct.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!