These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Fatal Error On Local Site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brydzy

Brydzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Hello, 

I just bought TubePress today and am building the site locally before I am going to put it online.  I want to get TubePress working so I can show my client.  However, when I installed the plugin it said it was successful, but when I go to TubePress under settings I get: 

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ctype_alpha() in /Applications/AMPPS/www/geosmartenergyrenew4/wp/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_4_1_9/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Lexer.php on line 378

Do you know what I can do to fix this?  I tried both 4.10 and 4.9 and am using the X Theme.  I saw some people saying that you have to update your PHP but I do not have it online so I can do this through C-Panel.  Please let me know what I should do here!  I really appreciate it.

All the best,

Tyler

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:57 AM

Hello Tyler,

In your local dev environment, what are you using? WAMP? XAMP? IIS?

You must have PHP installed for WordPress to work, so you have PHP installed locally, you just need to update your local PHP version.  There are literally thousands of tutorials if you search for it on your favorite search engine (duckduckgo.com is excellent and doesn't store your data like others do)

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!