These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

How To Add Private Vimeo Videos With Wix App?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Padma Dharmata_*

Guest_Padma Dharmata_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

I run my website through Wix, and would like to use the TubePress app---it looks amazing, and the functionality is exactly what I'm looking for! However, we are a paid website, and keep our premium videos listed as private through Vimeo, and allow them to be embedded on our website, via Wix's video apps (via Vimeo, we allow "static.parastorage.com" in order to embed with Wix's video app).

really want to use TubePress, but when I add my Vimeo album to the TubePress app, it doesn't work, as the privacy setting don't allow. Is there a domain I can add to the "allowed" list on our Vimeo account, so that the videos will show up properly? I've tried adding tubepress.com, wix.tubepress.com, but neither work... Or is there some other way, without having to change the privacy settings? 

Let me know! Thanks! 

Padma

www.yogatribe.tv

#2 Guest_Padma Dharmata_*

Guest_Padma Dharmata_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

bump

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Sorry for the delay in response. In short; this capability was available with TubePress for Wix, but due to some large (and rather unpredictable) changes on Vimeo's end, this is temporarily not available for new Wix users (older users of TubePress for Wix will not be affected).

We are actively developing a new version of TubePress that will put this capability back into place. I unfortunately can't offer a firm timeline for its release but I would say it'll be out within a month or so. Please feel free to ping us for updates.

For the time being, the only real workaround is unfortunately to make your video library public on Vimeo's end, then configure TubePress to display it. Does that make sense? I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Eric