These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Vides Not Shown By Tags

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 prabath065

prabath065

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:23 AM

i was using free version since YouTube stopped API support i bought new version. I have created more than 2000 posts in my WordPress site with following format

[tubepress mode ="tag" "tagValue = '" relevent tag "'] 

after purchase had to struggle much to get it back to work.

but now videos are shown but they are irrelevant to tags & same for all 2000 + posts. 

What should i do to get my site working as before

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:40 PM

prabath,

Please provide a link to your site, as well as enable TubePress Debugging from Settings > TubePress > Advanced > TubePress Debugging.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 prabath065

prabath065

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:30 AM

prabath,

Please provide a link to your site, as well as enable TubePress Debugging from Settings > TubePress > Advanced > TubePress Debugging.

Thanks!

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

prabath,

what shortcode are you using on your page?  Just [tubepress]?  If so, make sure that the radio button in Settings > TubePress is selected next to the selection you want.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 prabath065

prabath065

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

prabath,

what shortcode are you using on your page?  Just [tubepress]?  If so, make sure that the radio button in Settings > TubePress is selected next to the selection you want.

Thanks!

[tubepress mode ="tag" "tagValue = '" relevent tag "'] 

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:44 PM

would you please send me your shortcode in a PM so I can test in my environment?

Also, are you placing your shortcode using the visual editor or the text editor?  Can you take a look at it in the text editor and make sure there are no extra tags in or around it?

Thanks!

#7 prabath065

prabath065

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

would you please send me your shortcode in a PM so I can test in my environment?

Also, are you placing your shortcode using the visual editor or the text editor?  Can you take a look at it in the text editor and make sure there are no extra tags in or around it?

Thanks!

visual editor

[tubepress mode ="tag" "tagValue = '" relevent tag "'] 

text editor

<p style="text-align: justify;">[tubepress mode ="tag" "tagValue = '" Ira Madiyama  "']</p>

i have 2000 + posts

so please don't tell to edit code again

#8 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

prabath,

In the shortcode you provided:

[tubepress mode ="tag" "tagValue = '" Ira Madiyama  "']

I see a few mistakes.  Try this code, pasted in using the Text Editor

[tubepress mode ="tag" tagValue="Ira Madiyama"]

That works properly for me in my testing environment.

Thanks!

#9 prabath065

prabath065

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

prabath,

In the shortcode you provided:

[tubepress mode ="tag" "tagValue = '" Ira Madiyama  "']

I see a few mistakes.  Try this code, pasted in using the Text Editor

That works properly for me in my testing environment.

Thanks!

Thank you for your solution. but i was using your free version nearly one year. Then i created 2000 + posts in my web site with that code & they worked with free version. Later you stopped free  version. Then i bought as i wanted my site alive.

now you are telling that code doesn't work & have to change.

then i have to work from 0 again to get my site back. 

don't you have any other solution where i can use my existing codes as before in free version.

i wasted lot of money in those websites & waiting to earn them back. 

I bought your paid version too

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:39 PM

Hello,

I understand your frustration, however that shortcode should never have worked in any version of tubepress because it is malformed. The extra quotes and spaces would have made it not work anyway.

I am sorry for the frustration though.

Thanks!

#11 prabath065

prabath065

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

Hello,

I understand your frustration, however that shortcode should never have worked in any version of tubepress because it is malformed. The extra quotes and spaces would have made it not work anyway.

I am sorry for the frustration though.

Thanks!

they worked in free version it is nearly one year because since i started my website i used them & domain to expire in next week

#12 David Best

David Best

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

Fixing this:

[tubepress mode ="tag" "tagValue = '" Ira Madiyama "']

to this:

is easy.

First use something like Duplicator to make a back up of your site in case something goes wrong with the SQL replace below.

Go into your cpanel and click on phpMyAdmin.

I take i that this link above in in your content box for each post so click on wp-posts and then go to:

Then go to SQL and click on it.

In the SQL box enter this:

update wp_posts set post_content = replace("tagValue = '" ','tagValue = '"');

the press go. It will change the first problem tagvalue and clean it up.

Next enter this info the SQL box:

update wp_posts set post_content = replace(" "']','"]');

This will clean up the last of the problems.

If you are nervious about running this have your support at your provider do it for you.

This is a heck of a lot easier than redoing 2000 posts.