These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

50 Rows Of Thumbnail!?

Best Answer jaredmilgrim, 15 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

It worked!! Thank you again!!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:17 PM

I have Tubepress Pro 4.1.8 & debugging enabled on TheMusicAccess.com check TheMusicAccess.com/ChrisBrown and everything worked fine before the youtube v3 update, but now for some reason on all my 20+ sites and 5,000+ pages of tubers code there is a coding error that makes all the "USER" generated pages display only 1 thumbnail on the horizontal axis (instead of 4 or 5 as previous) and has 50 thumbnails on the vertical axis and simply looks terrible... Help!!!!!! 

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:55 PM

Jared,

If you have responsive embeds (Settings > TubePress > Player > Responsive embeds) enabled, please disable it and let us know if that clears up the issue.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

It unfortunately did not work.

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

Jared,

Upon deeper investigation, it looks like your site is ignoring TubePress.css.  I see it is loading the file (downloading it) but its not applying any of the styles to the thumbnails.

Are you using any caching plugins or minimizing plugins?

Two things to try:

1 - Disable all your plugins and take a look to see if the gallery looks correct. If so, enable one plugin at a time, check after each one, and when the gallery breaks again, you found the offender.

2 - Delete/Re-Upload TubePress (you won't lose your configuration) and see if that resolves it.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:29 PM

I deactivated all my plugins and still nothing... Could it be an older theme issue?

#6 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

And it works perfect on the front page's of all the sites... Just none of the pages display thumbnails properly

#7 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:32 PM

Jared,

I've asked our developer to take a look and see what's going on as I'm not seeing anything.

Thanks!

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:35 AM

This looks like it's a bug with the "legacy" YouTube theme that TubePress employed in versions prior to 4.0.0. Just for the sake of debugging, could you try switching your theme from WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Theme to the modern default version? In the meantime I'll see if I can reproduce the problem locally.

#9 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

Hi Eric,

Good to hear your on it!!  It's been in the default mode, not youtube legacy or other modes...

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:17 PM

Could you verify for me the shortcode that you're using on this page? Looking at your debug output, it looks like this shortcode is in use:

[tubepress perPageSort="newest" theme="youtube" mode="user" userValue="ChrisBrownVEVO + ChrisBrownTV" orderBy="newest" resultsPerPage="50"]

The theme="youtube" option there would be the culprit. Let me know - thanks!

#11 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

Hi Eric,

You have my correct shortcode... So I have to remove that from all 5,000+ pages?

#12 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

That did work!  When would an update fix that or quicker to go one by one...

#13 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

Good - at least we've narrowed down the issue. Let me see if I can come up with an easier fix than forcing you to change a zillion shortcodes. Stand by..

#14 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

your awesome, thank you Eric!

#15 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

is that probably why lazy play stopped working awhile ago?

#16 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

Try this:

1. Revert the change you just made to your shortcode on that page. i.e. put back theme="youtube"

2. Go to WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Theme and select "YouTube (legacy)" from the dropdown menu. Click the Save button.

3. Refresh your page and the everything should look normal again on all of your pages - no need to change all of your shortcodes.

Does that work?

is that probably why lazy play stopped working awhile ago?

To me it looks like lazy play is working as expected on your site. Are you seeing a problem with it? Let us know. Thanks!

#17 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

It worked!!! Thank you, I'm back in biz!!!!!!

#18 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

Lazy player not working since legacy youtube switch worked if I take out all the individual codes lol...

#19 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:08 PM

Very glad to hear that things are fixed!

Lazy player not working since legacy youtube switch worked if I take out all the individual codes lol...

Could you describe in more detail what isn't working? "Lazy play" to me means that when you click a thumbnail, the video will load and start playing immediately. Videos do not, however, play when you initially load the page (that's what we call "auto play").

#20 jaredmilgrim

jaredmilgrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

On Chris Brown page, I clicked play on the first video and it kept going through all the thumbnail videos on the page.