These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Number Of Thumbnails Set, But Not Working

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

I have the number of thumbnails per page set at 15, but it seems to have no effect. Different pages show different amounts of videos.

I use shortcode to show multiple sources. Is there a way to limit the number of thumbnails per page with the shortcode, since the general setting isn't working?

The shortcode I'm using is:

[tubepress mode="playlist + user" resultsPerPage="1" orderBy="newest" perPageSort="newest"

...with userValue= and playlistValue= listing various sources.

#2 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

Okay, figured it out. I have to combine these two: resultsPerPage="1" resultCountCap="15"

I need to limit resultsPerPage="1" because that relates to each source, so one video from each source, and the result cap limits the total for the page.

#3 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

Okay, sorry, still having problems with this. The above does not really solve it. For example, I've got one video gallery with two playlist sources. I limited the resultsPerPage="10" for this gallery, which should result in 20 total on the page, 10 per source. That's the case for the first page, but when you click the pagination link to another page, there are varying numbers of thumbnails shown, upwords of 40 on some. If I use the resultCountCap="20", then the total number of pages available via pagination is only two, when there should be many more.

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:05 PM

Link to your site to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

http://www.humortimes.com

There are many video pages (see Videos in the menu), but the two-playlist one I mentioned in my last post is:

http://www.humortime...bmitted-videos/

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:23 PM

James,

I was able to recreate this issue in my test lab, so I am passing this off to our developers to solve.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:06 AM

Could you either enable debugging from WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Advanced or send me a PM with the exact shortcode you're using on that page? That will allow me to figure out what's going on under the hood.

Thanks