These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

I Get "invalid Consumer Key" After Putting In Settings For Vimeo In Wordpress

wordpress vimeo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lscott7

lscott7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the USA

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

Ok guys I put in the correct settings and followed instructions for getting my videos on Vimeo to show and I've even tried to find instructions from Youtube and found out the video was outdated. So this is what happened, I did get my Id and secret keys from the apps page of Vimeo which I have done correctly. Next, I put those settings into the correct boxes under 'Feed' settings of Tubepress which was the Vimeo API "Consumer Key" and Vimeo API "Consumer Secret".  I did insert the [tubepress] code into my videos site and here's what I get which is attached.

I've read in some documentation how to go into "getHtmlForShortcode" function to add those in as well but instead of not adding those in there (I do not know where to find this function), I get "Invalid consumer key"!

First off, I need to know where can I find this 'getHtmlForShortcode' function at so that I can keep this error from happening? If this isn't the case, why did I get this error in the first place? With Youtube it's find but since I have more videos I wanted to display on our church website from Vimeo, where can I find this function to add in both the key and secret? I need help asap! Thanks!

Attached Files

I enjoy having fun with Wordpress! icon_razz.gif

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:56 PM

I think I know what the issue is. The good news is that we have the solution - the bad news is that you'll have to contact Vimeo first.

Brief history. Vimeo is upgrading their API from v2 to v3. They seem to be slowly removing v2-related pages from their site, so you can't see the "OAuth" tab. We have written the code for TubePress to work with v3, but it's not quite production ready. Point is that in the future you won't hit this problem.

Here is the thread with the other customer that had your exact issue. The last two or three posts are the relevant ones. You can contact Vimeo using the form here - just click the "Still need help? Contact us." link and send in your message there. You could even send them a link to the other thread here to refresh their memory. They seem to be pretty responsive with this stuff.

Give that a try?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wordpress, vimeo