These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Vimeo Responded To Tubepress With An Error: Invalid Signature

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Waqas_*

Guest_Waqas_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:00 AM

I want to use tubepress plugin for video gallery of vimeo channel on my wordpress website but it comes with this error

Vimeo responded to TubePress with an error: Invalid signature

http://www.intekworl...-video-gallery/

is this plugin will not owrk with vimeo ?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

Hello,

This plugin works very well with Vimeo.  The error means that the signature (auth code) that TubePress is using is invalid.

Can you please turn on tubepress debugging and I'll take a closer look for you.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Guest_Waqas_*

Guest_Waqas_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:28 AM

Hello

Ok i checked the option debugging - now please check 

thanks

#4 Guest_Waqas_*

Guest_Waqas_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

Waiting for your response - FYI i also contacted vimeo for support and they respond me as follow

"

Unfortunately I’m not all that familiar with Tubepress, can you ask their staff what exactly is needed from us? The error you’re seeing is from Tubepress and doesn't provide us much useful information to work off of. Thanks!

"

#5 Guest_Waqas_*

Guest_Waqas_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

no response 

#6 lscott7

lscott7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the USA

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

I'm having the same problem. I put both codes in with the [tubepress coding and I don't get it. Need help asap and this seems to be taking so long :(. This is not good at all. In the mean time I will just simply link Vimeo to my Wordpress website page for now.

I enjoy having fun with Wordpress! icon_razz.gif

#7 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:57 PM

I think I know what the issue is. The good news is that we have the solution - the bad news is that you'll have to contact Vimeo first.

Brief history. Vimeo is upgrading their API from v2 to v3. They seem to be slowly removing v2-related pages from their site, so you can't see the "OAuth" tab. We have written the code for TubePress to work with v3, but it's not quite production ready. Point is that in the future you won't hit this problem.

Here is the thread with the other customer that had your exact issue. The last two or three posts are the relevant ones. You can contact Vimeo using the form here - just click the "Still need help? Contact us." link and send in your message there. You could even send them a link to the other thread here to refresh their memory. They seem to be pretty responsive with this stuff.

Give that a try?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

I think I know what the issue is. The good news is that we have the solution - the bad news is that you'll have to contact Vimeo first.

Brief history. Vimeo is upgrading their API from v2 to v3. They seem to be slowly removing v2-related pages from their site, so you can't see the "OAuth" tab. We have written the code for TubePress to work with v3, but it's not quite production ready. Point is that in the future you won't hit this problem.

Here is the thread with the other customer that had your exact issue. The last two or three posts are the relevant ones. You can contact Vimeo using the form here - just click the "Still need help? Contact us." link and send in your message there. You could even send them a link to the other thread here to refresh their memory. They seem to be pretty responsive with this stuff.

Give that a try?

Thanks!

This is currently the only solution to a new TubePress installation working inside Vimeo. Aside from squashing bugs, our #1 development priority is getting our Vimeo code modernized. We have the bulk of the work done but there are some front-end pieces that we are still working on. We're looking at a timeframe of a week or two for this. I'm sincerely sorry for the inconvenience and we are issuing refunds for anyone stuck in this situation for now. Please just submit a billing ticket if that applies to you.

Stand by for updates on this!

#9 Guest_Paolo_*

Guest_Paolo_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

Hi, I recently installed the plugin vostor TubePress in our blog wordpress newscamp.info/it
We wanted to connect our vimeo channel for the appearance of our videos on the sidebar, I'm going to enter the setting of the plugin, and connect APIs vimeo, but to see the frontend I am told:
- Vimeo TubePress responded to with an error: Invalid signature.

Now I hope that you have connected the correct security keys Vimeo (API), ie, Client Identifier and Client Secrets 2 in the appropriate fields of the setting of the plugin API.
I need to know if the plugin TubePress accepts old advanced API or the new API?

But still does not work, how can you solve?

thanks a lot
have a good day

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

Give that a try?

Thanks!

#11 Guest_Paolo_*

Guest_Paolo_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:34 AM

Hi, Where I made the application to have the API is written that their version is 3.2 then what is the problem?

Thanks a lot.

#12 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

TubePress currently only works with Vimeo APIv2, not v3.

Thanks!

#13 Guest_Afaq_*

Guest_Afaq_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:36 AM

When can we expect the TuebPress to work properly with the latest API?

#14 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:08 PM

We are working diligently to get TubePress working with their API.  We had to devote more time and resources to YouTube because they had a hard shutoff data.

Thanks!

#15 Guest_Waqas_*

Guest_Waqas_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

so bradon can we have estimate time, when it will fine with vimeo?

#16 Stephen Lavallee

Stephen Lavallee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:47 AM

I just installed the newest version of TubePress and created a new Vimeo account and got the API keys today.  I'm having this same 'invalid signature' issue.  A timeline on this fix will help me decide how I'm going to display videos on the site I'm developing....any ideas yet?

Thanks.

#17 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:58 PM

I don't have a specific timeline, however it is the top priority for our Developers.

Thanks!

#18 busfun

busfun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:16 AM

Hi

I am a bit lost on how to connect to Vimeo, the help documentation seems outdated and I can't see where or how to put the OAuth2 information into tubepress.  It seems that it wouldn't work even if I did because of the API problem.  Surely there must be some way to get Tubepress working with Vimeo?  Am I missing something?  Is it Actually impossible at the moment?

#19 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

busfun, yes it is possible to get TubePress working with Vimeo.

You need your OAuth and Secret, then you just place them into the TubePress settings page.  If it doesn't work (says invalid or similar) you will need to follow the directions above to request the APIv2 OAuth and Secret from Vimeo.

We are working on updating to v3 of the Vimeo API and the code is written, it is just not ready for production release at the moment.

Thanks!