These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Padding-Top Pushes Player Down By 100%

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 webdevhasson

webdevhasson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Using TubePress Pro 4.1.0, the Title appears, the a gap of 100% player height, then the player appears below that, followed by thumbnails.

Viewing the generated source code:

<div class="fluid-width-video-wrapper" style="padding-top: 82.4176%;">

<div class="tubepress-fluid-width-video-wrapper"  style="padding-top: 14.2857%;">

That seems to be the problem, but I don't know how to fix it.  

Any ideas?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

Do you have a link to your page so we can see the issue and help you to resolve?  My dev and personal blog site do not have this issue.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 webdevhasson

webdevhasson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hello,

yes, you can take a peek here (this is the development site, not the actual site, however the plugin is behaving the same on both installations):

http://artimusdesign..._sites/hw_hero/

You can see the video title appears in the correct position, ("Dr Hasson Hair Transplant Surgery: Hairline Restoration, 2249 Grafts in 1 session") but the "fluid-width-video-wrapper" and "tubepress-fluid-width-video-wrapper" both have inline top-padding that pushes the player down the page.

Here's a screen cap of the inspected code: https://www.dropbox....epress.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for your response!

Laurie

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

Something is putting an inline style into the code.  Have you added any new plugins?

Could you try disabling all plugins except tubepress and see if that resolves the spacing issue?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 webdevhasson

webdevhasson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

Okay, disabled all plugins except for Tubepress Pro, no change in position.

When I disable javascript in the browser, the player is rendered in the correct postion.

I have left all the plugins disabled at http://artimusdesign..._sites/hw_hero/if you want to take another look.

I'm happy to give you admin access if it would help.

Laurie

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:53 PM

Interesting.

Can you upgrade to 4.1.2 (latest version as of this update) and let me know if it continues. If so, please send me a PM with login details.

Thanks!

#7 webdevhasson

webdevhasson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

Just updated again, to 4.1.3. There does not appear to be any change in this behavior.

I sent login credentials via email, not sure if they arrived?

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:11 AM

Just for testing, could you try disabling responsive embeds from WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Player? I have a sneaking suspicion that's what's causing the huge padding.

Let us know - thanks!

#9 BillyJack

BillyJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

Just for testing, could you try disabling responsive embeds from WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Player? I have a sneaking suspicion that's what's causing the huge padding.

Let us know - thanks!

Hi, I'm having a similar issue with the padding. My video player is pushed down when the page containing tubepress first loads. When I switch the video it resets back to the correct position. Disable Responsive Embeds fixes this, however I prefer a better solution since I want to keep the responsive features. 

The padding issue happened to me after I upgraded from 4.1.3 to 4.1.5, it worked fine on 4.1.3 strangely enough. 

Any way to do a quick fix for this issue besides disabling Responsive Embeds?

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

This bug is on our list to get fixed. It will be fixed in the next version of TubePress.

Thanks!

#11 mark.shenk

mark.shenk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

Hi Eric,

I just upgraded from 3.x to 4.1.6.  I have the Pro version.  I am also having the inline style of padding-top.  

My padding-top was being added as 60%.  I disabled the Responsive embeds and my top video is placed better but all my thumbnails are still horrible.

I have tried using 2 themes without success: Default, Youtube (clone)

http://racereadycoaching.com/videos/

#12 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

Mark,

Could you upgrade to 4.1.7 (released today) and see if that resolves your issue?

Thanks!

#13 BillyJack

BillyJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

After updating to 4.1.8 the padding issue is still there. When the page containing tubepress is loaded, the video player is pushed down all of a sudden. Padding-top is around 56% for the fluid-width-video-wrapper class. 

EDIT: Seems like it only happens when I use the Youtube player/Default Provider. Using JWPlayer or EmbedPlus(which doesn't load until one of the tiled thumbnails is clicked) doesn't have the padding issue.

#14 ibacamp

ibacamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

I have the same problem using the latest version!!

#15 BillyJack

BillyJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

Reverted back to 4.1.3 and the problem is gone. I'm sure I miss out on other fixes though but as long as it works.

#16 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:50 PM

ibacamp, you can either switch players, disable responsive embeds, or downgrade to 4.1.3 like billy until 4.1.9 comes out.

Thanks!

#17 webdevhasson

webdevhasson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

Okay, so I can't use the "Pro" version because the padding issue is still not fixed.

I can't use your free version because it limits the thumbnails to three.

so, How do I get a refund?

#18 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:30 PM

webdev, are you by chance using fitvids on your site as well?

If so, take a look at this post, which shows you how to fix this issue while retaining your responsive embeds.  This isn't a bug with either program, they are both functioning as they are supposed to, however they both add the padding in order to be responsive.

Thanks!