These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Some Problems With Tubepress Express

Best Answer eric, 13 May 2015 - 11:12 PM

Hi Luca,

My most sincere apologies for not responding to your sooner. As Brandon mentioned, we have been growing faster than expected and are struggling to keep up with and keep track of our support requests. Our performance in that regard has been unacceptable and we are letting down our customers (like you). In an effort to provide faster, more personalized support for our customers, we are getting ready to switch from forum-based support (here) to a proper ticketing system. This will increase our efficiency (i.e. faster support for customers) and prevent issues from "slipping through the cracks" as has happened here.

Now, let's get you fixed up!

Waiting for the implementation of the auto-resizing feature from Eric.

I have some hopefully good news for you. About two weeks ago we updated TubePress Express to supply a new HTML snippet when you click the "Add to your website" button. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like now. As you can see, it is much more complex than the simple <iframe> that was there before. In effect, it supplies the "auto-resizing" feature that you were looking for. Give it a try? Simply click "Add to your website" for any of your Express galleries to get the new code.

Problem with the player I'm using: "normally, at the top of your gallery". One day it was working perfectly and now when someone click on the video thumbnail, the video is loading, you hear the sound, but you're not positioned automatically at the top of the gallery, you have to scroll up to see it (LINK).

This is strange and could indeed be a bug. Notice that if you view the actual source of the <iframe> embed (click here) you can see that the scrolling acts as expected. So we need to figure out why it doesn't work when it's embedded in your page. One odd thing I've noticed, looking at your HTML source, I see this:

<iframe src="//express.tubepress.com/v/2Gp49tZLKrM" width="100%" height="1230px?hd=1&wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

The "height" attribute has all that extra stuff in it (?hd=1&wmode=transparent). That could be causing the issue, though somewhat unlikely. Maybe first we could try the new embed code from Express to see if that clears it up? In the meantime I'll see if I can reproduce it locally.

Another problem with the player I'm using: "normally, at the top of your gallery". Scrollbars appear even if there's noting to scroll (LINK).

This could also be caused by the invalid height/width attributes on the <iframe>. Again let's try the new embed code to see if that clears it up, and if not we'll continue to dig.

I'll be watching this thread and will make sure to respond back as soon as you do. One last time, I sincerely apologize for the huge delays in responding to you. Thank you for sticking with us and please know that in the very near future we will finally have a proper support infrastructure and a far superior customer support experience for you.

Eric

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

Hello! I'm a TubePress Pro user and I'm currently testing TubePress Express. I use TubePress Pro on my website to show my video portfolio and I've created a new page in order to test TubePress Express and try to keep it 100% identical with TubePress Pro page. Here are the 2 pages:

As you can see, the result is pretty identical, except for these things:

1. The last gallery (named "Varie") is composed of a YouTube playlist and a Vimeo album. I know that in TubePress Express this function is still not available and you're working on it, so... I'll wait :)

2. All the heights of the galleries in TubePress Pro are automatically set to keep all the videos in the gallery visibile. So, if a new row of videos appear in the gallery, the height of the gallery increases. In TubePress Express I haven't found a way to do this, so the height is fixed to the 800px of the iframe and this causes the scrollbar to appear in each gallery. Of course I can change the px in the iframe, but I want TubePress Express to do this automatically: if the gallery has 25 videos, TubePress Express has to set the height for 25 videos, etc. Is it possible?

3. When I click on a video in TubePress Pro, the video appears at the center of the screen, wherever I am. In TubePress Express it appears in the center of the gallery. Is there a way to change this behavior?

Thank you for all your answers! :)

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

Hi Luca,

1 - We're working on this feature

2 - You can edit the iframe tag to contain the following code (for HTML 4 and 5 pages)

seamless="seamless" frameBorder='0'

That should fix the scroll bar issue for you

3 - This is not possible, because the gallery can only interact with itself, which is contained within the iFrame, so it can't interact with the main frame of the page, sorry.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

Hi Brandon, thank you for the reply!

2 - Where should I put the code? In place of height or at the end? Can you post here a sample snippet with your code in it so I can see where to put it?

3 - That's not a good news :sad: If I have a long gallery, when I click on the first video the gallery is grayed out and the user doesn't see the video until he scrolls down to the middle. Why in TubePress Pro this doesn't happen? The player is the same (Shadowbox)...

Anyway, I've found out that changing the Player could solve someway my problem. The only Players that can help me obtaining the result are "In a popup window" and "Normally (at the top of your gallery)": do you confirm this? Any other way that can help me solving my problem?

Thank you very much! :)

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:42 PM

Luca,

Unfortunately, the popup or in a new window will be your only solutions. Also sadly, its not something we can do anything about based on the way TubePress Express works.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

Hi Brandon, thanks for the reply!

• When you say "the popup or in a new window will be your only solutions" you mean the "In a popup window" and "Normally (at the top of your gallery)" players, right? :smile:
  • Regarding this last player ("Normally"), is there a way to change the default video that is loaded for each gallery when the page is loaded? Now it's the latest video of each gallery, while I would like to put there the best video (for me) of each gallery: is that possible?
  • Can you also answer my question #2 in the last post (sample snippet)? :smile:

Thank you so much!

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:45 PM

Luca,

Apologies, I was exceptionally tired when updating your thread and clearly not in my right mind.

Yes, your only options will be Normally at the top or in a popup window.

As for which video is the "featured" video in the actual player, it will be whatever the first video is in your playlist, so you can sort it based on the available shortcode modifiers and get, more or less, what you're looking for.

<iframe //rest of your Express code here// height="100%" width="100%" seamless="seamless" frameBorder='0'>

this addresses both the seamless option of HTML5, as well as the frameBorder option of HTML4.  Note the uppercase B in Border, very important, strangely.

Thanks

#7 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:32 AM

Hi Brandon, no problem :) Ok for the featured video, thanks. Regarding the code, there are still some problems :( Let me sum up... The original code is the one below:

<iframe src="//express.tubepress.com/v/uMWWfqU3LAT" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen width="100%" height="800px"></iframe>

The new edited code is the one below:

<iframe src="//express.tubepress.com/v/uMWWfqU3LAT" height="100%" width="100%" seamless="seamless" frameBorder='0'></iframe>

Unfortunately I'm not a coding expert, so I can only look through the differences. Here they are:

• frameborder="0" is now at the end of the code: is that a problem?
  • allowfullscreen is not with us anymore: is this ok?
  • width="100%" height="800px" are now changed in height="100%" width="100%": is this ok?
  • seamless="seamless": this is the new one and it should be ok

Is the position of the elements important or it doesn't matter (for example, frameborder)? Maybe some other item is missing? I'm asking this because now the galleries are all very tiny, as you can see from here.

How can we solve this? Thank you very much for your nice support :)

#8 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

Hi Luca,

So, the 100% doesn't work with your galleries, sorry for the misinformation.  Check out the code below, it uses different height's for each of your galleries, but it looks great with no scroll bars!

<p>
<strong>Videoclip</strong>
<br>
<iframe width="100%" height="1000px" src="//express.tubepress.com/v/uMWWfqU3LAT">
</p>
<p>
<strong>Concerti</strong>
<br>
<iframe width="100%" height="1000px" src="//express.tubepress.com/v/jrQJK9_cMDA">
</p>
<p>
<strong>Cortometraggi e Lungometraggi</strong>
<br>
<iframe width="100%" height="750px" src="//express.tubepress.com/v/2Gp49tZLKrM">
</p>
<p>
<strong>Varie</strong>
<br>
<iframe width="100%" height="2750px" src="//express.tubepress.com/v/SD8z_ZQG8tm">
</p>

Those frameless and frameBorder options work for somethings, but not all.

To answer the rest of your questions: The positioning doesn't matter, except the iframe keyword must be at the beginning, otherwise you can use any order you wish.

If you wish to add the "allowfullscreen" option back in, you can. It certainly won't hurt anything.

Let me know what you think of this solution.

Thanks!

#9 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

Hi Brandon, thank you very very much for the help you are providing me :) I had already found the solution you posted and you can see it reported also in my first post. It's not so bad, because with this method all the videos are visible, but it's not a 100% solution, let's call it a 75% solution ;)

As I said in my previous post, of course I can change the px height in the iframe, but I would like TubePress Express to do this automatically: if the gallery has 25 videos, TubePress Express has to set the correct height for 25 videos, etc. TubePress Pro does this and you can see the differences between the 2 galleries in the links on the first post.

You know, one of the greatest feature of TubePress is that when I update a playlist in YouTube or in Vimeo my portfolio is automatically updated and I don't need to do anything else. With this method, I will always have to modify the px height every 3 videos. Let's take for example the first gallery, "Videoclip": when I'll upload the next video in that playlist, I'll have to change the px height in the iframe. Ok, it's not so bad, but it's one more thing to do.

The other thing is that with this solution the space between the galleries is higher than when it's auto-set, like TubePress Pro (see attached image for reference). And each space between the galleries is different from the other. Ok, we could stay there and calculate exactly the number of px required by each gallery, but why? :)

So, I return to my first question: is there a way for TubePress Express to automatically set the height of the gallery based on the number of videos in it, like TubePress Pro does?

Again, thank you very much for your help and sorry for this long post, but you know, I don't want to move to another solution and pay more for less functions ;) Multiple sources gallery is not a big issue and popup window instead of video in the center of the screen is not a big issue, but this one is, I hope you understand... I really love TubePress Express, more than TubePress Pro, but I don't want to lose the functions I love of it :)

Attached Files

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

Hi Luca,

Thanks for your questions - you are truly a power user of TubePress Express! We genuinely appreciate your feedback and it's shaping the direction of product development.

Regarding an "auto sizing" gallery with TubePress Express, this is possible but not very easy. Since TubePress Express works inside an <iframe> it's a technically challenging problem because your browser enforces quite strict security policies for cross-domain communication. So there's no easy way for your site to "detect" the correct height of the <iframe> contents and resize appropriately.

That said, we do have a proof-of-concept of auto-resizing TubePress Express galleries. You can view a demo of it here: https://youtu.be/tZ96Q20gjTo. I should emphasize that this is not officially supported (yet), though our testing has proven very promising. Punching in one of your galleries (and making the background blue so you can see what's happening):

https://jsfiddle.net/67y6934v/ 

Is that what you're trying to achieve? If so, let us know and I'll provide basic instructions on how you can implement this on your site. Thanks again.

#11 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:27 AM

Hi Brandon, thank you so much for your reply and your efforts in trying to solve my problem. You're very kind :) I think that what you have proposed to me in YouTube and JSFiddle is really good :) Is it so difficult to implement in my website? How can I do this? Again, thank you so much!

In the meantime, I've completely switched to TubePress Express: I really love your work and so I've decided to delete the TubePress Pro plugin and use only TubePress Express. So, from now on, all the testing will be done on the "official" page (LINK).

#12 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

Here I am again! So, while you are finding out how to implement in my website the auto-resizing feature, I have a new problem :( My old Portfolio was all displayed in a single page, so 4 TubePress galleries in a single page: today I've decided to create 4 new children pages for each TubePress gallery (all with the parent page Portfolio) in order to better organize the Portfolio. This is how the pages were organized:
  • millerpictures.it/portfolio: summary page
  • millerpictures.it/portfolio/videoclip: videoclips gallery page
  • millerpictures.it/portfolio/concerti: concerts gallery page
  • millerpictures.it/portfolio/cortometraggi-e-lungometraggi: movies gallery page
  • millerpictures.it/portfolio/varie: misc gallery page
I put in each page the related TubePress iframe code and nothing more. Unfortunately, when I tried to load the 4 pages, a 404 error always appeared, as if the pages didn't exist. After various tries, I modified each child page to a main page. This is the result:
  • millerpictures.it/portfolio
  • millerpictures.it/videoclip
  • millerpictures.it/concerti
  • millerpictures.it/cortometraggi-e-lungometraggi
  • millerpictures.it/varie
Guess what? With these little modifications all the 4 pages now work again! I've prepared a quick example for you, containing the same iframe code in a child and in a main page:
As you can see, the iframe is the same, but for some reason it doesn't work in child pages. I assure you that the child page exist, as you can see from this attached screenshot taken from Wordpress admin. Is there a fix for this problem?

Thank you! :)

Attached Files

#13 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

Luca,

The 404 not found is being returned by your wordpress instance, not by TubePress.

Thanks!

#14 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

Hi Brandon, thank you for your answer. I know that, but it's very strange that your code in a main page works and in a child page doesn't work. That's why I was thinking of TubePress and not Wordpress. I'll contact my theme maker to see where's the problem.

Any news regarding the auto-resizing feature?

Thank you!

#15 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

We are still working on the auto-size feature. it is on our list of features and bug fixes to be implemented.

Thanks!

#16 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:26 AM

Hello Brandon, thank you for your answer... Eric told me in his previous post that he would have provide me basic instructions on how I could implement it on my site, so I thought that I could use it instantly :(

#17 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

Luca,

Sorry, I've pinged Eric for an update.

Thanks!

#18 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:38 AM

Thank you Brandon :)

#19 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

Hi Brandon and Eric,

any news for the auto-resizing feature? More than 2 weeks have passed since the "I'll provide basic instructions on how you can implement this on your site" answer from Eric..... I didn't thought it could take so long :(

Thank you!

#20 Luca Coralli

Luca Coralli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

Hello? Is there anybody out there? :( It's since 31 March (nearly 1 month) that I'm waiting Eric's instructions to implement the auto-resizing feature: can someone answer me?

Also, have you guys modified something in the player I'm using ("normally, at the top of your gallery")? One day it was working perfectly and now when someone click on the video thumbnail, the video is loading (you hear the sound) but you're not positioned automatically at the top of the gallery, you have to scroll up to see it. Can you please check? Just use one of my galleries for the test: LINK

Thank you!