These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Plugin Not Displaying All Videos

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BlackRockMG

BlackRockMG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

I'm having some issues getting the plugin to show all of the available videos on a client site. My client has eight videos on his YouTube channel; however, the plugin is only displaying 3. I have turned on debug mode on the development site to try and find the issue, here's a link: http://scott.blackro...ment.com/videos

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

Hello BlackRock,

For starters, in your shortcode, please change the playerLocation from jqModal to jqmodal (TubePress is Case sensitive)

In regards to only displaying 3 videos, YouTube is only returning that number of videos from their API as shown below from the debug output:

<openSearch:totalResults>3</openSearch:totalResults>

This happens with the API sometimes, I can be caused by very few views on the videos, or if they are new, it can sometimes take up to 48 hours for the API to add the videos.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 BlackRockMG

BlackRockMG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

All of the videos on this particular channel were posted 4+ months ago. There have been times when all of the videos displayed, but it always seems to go back to the three videos currently shown. What can be done to get all of the videos on this channel displayed? Is it a YouTube setting that isn't returning the correct number of videos?

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

BlackRock,

Unfortunately, this is an issue with the API, and not with TubePress, which means our hands are proverbially tied.

You could try taking the issue to YouTube support if you wish.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 sendsouth

sendsouth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:31 AM

Hi there,

Im having this problem too. Except they don't "sometimes" all show up.

Im testing the free version of this plug-in before buying the pro version.

I linked a youtube playlist and out of 24 video's in the playlist, only 6 showed up. The six were divided into 2 pages. 3 per page. 

Another play list had about 12 videos. only 2 showed up on the page.

All the videos are months to years old.

I am using the Customizr wordpress template.

I really like this plug in. Id love to be able to use it on a few sites. Hope there is a solution!

The page with the playlist: http://www.myschoolt...ts/?page_id=22 

Thanks,

jamie

#6 sendsouth

sendsouth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

I have also checked this with vimeo playlist as well. Same problem. Only 3 videos are playing out of a possible 20 or so. They have been up for at least 2 years

#7 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

SendSouth,

The linked page does not appear to have TubePress running on it.  As for the # of videos you are seeing, if you are using the Trial version of TubePress (non-Pro) then you are limited to only three videos per gallery.

If you purchase TubePress Pro, you will see all of your videos.

Thanks!